Milodon Pan with suggested dipstick.

-

moparspares

Reaction score
I used an 8 quart oil pan on my 408 with the suggested dipstick for that pan. When I put oil in, it was way lower than full mark.

Anyone else struck this on this combo. I put around 9 quarts in but I have a remote filter and 2ft hoses. Leave it or drain a little out?.

I just put 8 quarts in mine and marked the dipstick. Be careful, stroker's like to grab the dipstick when running. I use a cap on my 414 when it's running. Also l have a remote system 1 oil filter and a 7 quart custom pan.

I have stroker with the Milodon pan and dipstick too. I put in 9.5 qts since I have large B&M oil cooler and large braided lines leading from filter relocation sandwich adapter on block, to up front where cooler is mounted along with large Baldwin BT237 filter behind grille. Engine builder told me fill it for first time, then score dipstick for future oil checks. It took me forever to even see a little bit of oil at the tip of the dipstick. I do have a windage tray but it doesn't feel like the dipstick is hitting anything, and it sinks all the way down into tube. I hate the dipstick. Small, almost completely round, and very difficult to read oil on small flat spot. I had to use strong flashlight and a magnifying glass to even see any oil on stick. Maybe 1/8 to 1/4 max oil at tip of stick.

The tube of the Milodon dipstick is a nice peice but the actual dipstick is woefull. Apart from the obvious not reading correctly, I could not see oil on mine either. I had to colour mine in with a white sharpie just to get a bit of contrast to see the oil.

-
Back