mini starters

-

moparclown

Reaction score
I need to order a mini starter for my 360 and was looking for some input from you guys before I purchase.Who is running one and who made it where can I purchase one?any problems with install?
Thanks Doug

I've get them from Napa for a late 80's early 90's dakota. I think I usually tell the parts person give me one for a 91 Dakota V-8.

They work well. Just bought one for my friends '66 Belvedere Wagon, 440, 6-Pak. Turn's it over with no problems.

I got mine from Advance... I forget what I used as a reference vehicle.. it was a 90's something dodge truck.. 318... awsome.. and cant beat the price.. you can get one from summit as well, but its about $60 more expensive...

I've get them from Napa for a late 80's early 90's dakota. I think I usually tell the parts person give me one for a 91 Dakota V-8.

They work well. Just bought one for my friends '66 Belvedere Wagon, 440, 6-Pak. Turn's it over with no problems.

Same here 91 dakota V8, bought mine at NAPA

Got one from Sumit for the 340. Dont remember the price but it was sticking so we had to take it back off and fix it. The magnet wouldnt let go. Other than that it seems fine.

I got one for $40(brand new used)from the local pick and pull.There was 4 318 Dakotas in there,so I picked the newest looking starter.It was cheap and works well.

hey doug,
i have one in my 70 4 spd duster.
has lots of torch for the high compression.
starts good when hot.

Like others have said…… Normal auto parts store. Don't order some, so called "name brand" special mini-starter unless you like spending twice the cash and getting nothing for it.

You guys rock
I am gonna go get one tomorrow at my favorite parts store and save some jing,Thanks.
Hi John(limelite70)Its not so much the starting part but a clearance issue,put my order in for some new TTI 1 7/8 small block headers and just want to have most of the parts here when I drop the entire engine-trans and k-frame out.
Doug

If I remember correctly there are 3 styles and the latter ones '98 or so offer the best clearance.

local pick and pull 20 bucks from a 90's full size van

jan26 046.jpg

The one in my 94 Ram Van was bad so I got it rebuilt and put it in my 67 Cuda. I put the big one from the cuda in the van cause it had more room. They're both working well and it was rather cheap!

I was also planning on changing my starter to a mini in my 340 dart. Question: Can you use the same starter bolts?

Im going from memory here……

I think the only mod you will need to make is changing one of the connectors on one of the small wires and I think the small wires may be held on by metric nuts.

-
Back