minni tub help!

-

604 Racing

604 RACING
Reaction score
hey guys, im stuck right now,

i want to retain stock apearance with my 71 dart, but i would like to possibly fit a 12" wide tire in the rear without having to modify the frame rails, is this possible?

can you guys please post some pics of the rear, and some details on what you guys did, i dont mind modifying the "tubs" but i dont want to cut the rails, i also would like to run the stock leafs with a spring relocationg kit.

thanks

On my dart I have done mini tubs and I am running a 13" tire, they are a 325/50/15 drag radial. It is a very tight fit and has taken the perfect amount of back spacing to make them fit. A 12" tire will fit with the right wheels or by narrowing the housing.

New dart2.jpg

New dart1.jpg

hey guys, im stuck right now,

i want to retain stock apearance with my 71 dart, but i would like to possibly fit a 12" wide tire in the rear without having to modify the frame rails, is this possible?

can you guys please post some pics of the rear, and some details on what you guys did, i dont mind modifying the "tubs" but i dont want to cut the rails, i also would like to run the stock leafs with a spring relocationg kit.

thanks

Hi, I am in a similar position wanting to run a very wide tire / wheel, having the tire tucked under the wheel opening lip a little. Just like 70-73 Dart mentioned, wheel spacing will be crucial.. On my 73 duster, with springs relocated to the frame rails I will have 14 inches of width way up in my wheel tub area (my car is running 1" arch springs)The when fabing your mini-tubs you just have to fabricate as good of a quality which will make it look like the factory did it. I guess the better you are at sheetmetal work, the more like a factory tub it will look when finished. I tried that concept and got reasonably close, I modified the outer wheel well also, so both halves are opened up for clearance straight up inside the tub.. I had not welded in 20 years and having no real sheetmetal experience, I just took my time, planned carefully. There are allot of details on the web on how to accurately plan wheel back / front spacing. You can PM me your email addr if you want a couple pics of what I did. I cant figure how to drop images onto this system yet..something about link to pictures..ahhh!

-
Back