Mo-3000

-

valiant1966

Reaction score
I saw this mentioned in another recent thread but didn't want to hijack someone's thread so...

I have read in several places about the MO-3000 rotor from NAPA and the fact that it is about .060" longer than the standard one so went to my friendly neighborhood NAPA store to check it out. It seems it is not an in stock thing but they could special order it for me.

Price was $6+ for the part and another $7+ for special order and shipping. Kinda hate to end up paying close to $15 for a rotor button? Anybody know of any other sources? I'm pretty sure NAPA doesn't have a factory making them. Thanks. Dennis

That was probably me :)
I think I paid 8 bucks for mine.

Maybe find an alternate part number.
I just found that MO3000 is an Echlin part number, so maybe ask for it that way at some other places.
If you end up with one be very sure your cap is on straight or the rotor will rip the cap off the distributor.
Also a few comon aftermarket caps are not made centered and have to be clearanced.

Yep! It was you. Just wasn't gonna be "name dropping". It jogged my memory of something that I read from SSDan long ago and just never followed up on.

Thanks. I'll check on other part numbers.

-----------and "if you get one" make sure it's actually longer, there's been reports that some boxes contained essentially "a regular rotor"

ok what happened is the Mo-3000 was made for a long time, great peice. well they stopped making them a couple of years ago but put normal brass tipped rotors in the boxes (so they were all mixed). i heard they started making them again but i went thru 4 boxes and never got one...

i just make sure to get brass tip rotors and brass contact caps and be happy

-
Back