modern truck question

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The stepson traded off is Dodge Ram with the eco diesel a few years ago becasue the dealership never old find the occasional colliant leak, and got a 2019 or 20 Nissan 3/4 ton with the Cummins. AC goes out other day with about 120,000 mi. Takes it to the Nissan dealer and they find a leak in the "tank" and a bad EGR. $300 labor plus $2700 parts. Exactly what is the "tank' on this Nissan marvel??? $2700 for parts?????

I drive old rigs just for that reason. Too much $$$ to keep ‘em going

I drive old rigs just for that reason. Too much $$$ to keep ‘em going
MY Ram is a '95 and it will be passed on when I die!!

I can't understand what part of that AC system costs $2700/ OK that also included a EGR valve.

Liquid tank on a Nissan Titan is basically an accumulator or receiver/drier on other brands. Nissan uses a bunch of names we are not used to for the same parts.

Ask him how much the liquid tank part was on the invoice. I am surprised the labor cost was so low.

Also, was he charged for refrigerant? That stuff is pricey these days.

some quick google-fu show an EGR valve is almost 1K, and the cooler is like 1300... so that might be part of the story. i do know that anything AC related can get spendy with the quickness. i'd guess just a charge and o-rings is probably 250~300

i'd love to see the parts breakdown on the invoice

Thanks for the come back. I admit the newest vehicle I have spent any $ on AC repair, as is some more coolant added is 95 Ram! maybe $ 50???????? Pretty good for 28 years and 240,000 miles?????!
I was just curious as any AC part I saw on Rock for his Nissan was very inexpensive.
I admit now is now a good tme to inquire, as he has been in a home remodel and dealing with a bank and their "appraier" that her work consisted of a "drive by appraisal"! Really!!??? It all started when they spent the weekend out and the dishwasher sprung a "leak" and ruined the floors and cabinets. At least they had good insurance but it has been one "life issue"after another.

Thanks for the come back. I admit the newest vehicle I have spent any $ on AC repair, as is some more coolant added is 95 Ram! maybe $ 50???????? Pretty good for 28 years and 240,000 miles?????!
I was just curious as any AC part I saw on Rock for his Nissan was very inexpensive.
I admit now is now a good tme to inquire, as he has been in a home remodel and dealing with a bank and their "appraier" that her work consisted of a "drive by appraisal"! Really!!??? It all started when they spent the weekend out and the dishwasher sprung a "leak" and ruined the floors and cabinets. At least they had good insurance but it has been one "life issue"after another.
yeah, without actually knowing what parts it's hard to say. but just seeing the price on the EGR bits i was kinda floored. i'm surprised with such a new vehicle it wasn't covered under warranty.

speaking of expensive... cabinets are no joke.

yeah, without actually knowing what parts it's hard to say. but just seeing the price on the EGR bits i was kinda floored. i'm surprised with such a new vehicle it wasn't covered under warranty.

speaking of expensive... cabinets are no joke.
Too many miles.

Yeah these new vehicles are something. I'm also surprised that's all they got him on labor. I bought my son a '03 Frontier the temperature sensor switch went bad. $30 part worst thing was getting my big hands in the box to replace it.

-
Back