Modified Schumacher Headers for 4-Speed

-

rklein383

Reaction score
Here are the pictures I took while modifying my Schumachers to fit a 4-speed. They still go in with the engine in place.

It was easy.

I will be installing my new exhaust this weekend.

Rod

Attachments

• header flange.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,210
  • header 1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,235
  • header 2.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,165
  • header 3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,172
Wow this is all that needs done to make the headers work with a big block,4 speed with a Zbar.And Schmachers can not figure this out...

wow. nice work! yea, how the hell come they cant figure this out too? TTI also needs to get on the ball with the 4 speed and header fitment...trying to mod that damn Z-bar...

I had CPPA's 2 inch underchassis headers (the predecessor to TTIs) with my 440 before I changed to these Schumachers. I altered the z bar by having a drop in the z bar using a 1inch square tubing and then had the an "L" piece of steel that went through the header tubes. It was very tight, but it worked for nearly 20 years.
Rod

I dont' know why they just can't make them all like this. It was so easy.

wow. nice work! yea, how the hell come they cant figure this out too? TTI also needs to get on the ball with the 4 speed and header fitment...trying to mod that damn Z-bar...

Yeah, why don't they just make them all like this?
Do it to all of them and increase the price 10 bucks more......
It does say on their site that modification for a 4 speed is optional, but doesn't say a price.
Thanks for posting this.

TTI sells a modified Z bar to work with their headers and a 4spd

-
Back