Modifying k frame

-

rlk211

Reaction score
The car is a 73 Scamp with slant k frame. I am getting ready to put 360 magnum in soon. I am going to use the six k frame and move the mounting perches to fit. Has anyone done this? Any ideas would be great.

Have you considered using Schumacher mounts? They make some that use the /6 k-frame and allows you to drop the 360 right in.

I really don't want to spend that kind of money for mounts. I have been out of work for almost a year so I am working on a budget.

Have you considered using Schumacher mounts? They make some that use the /6 k-frame and allows you to drop the 360 right in.

I have heard that you can use truck mounts to put a V8 in a slant car. I have never done this, but i think you use a stock mount on passenger side, and a truck mount on driver side. Maybe someone here can give more insight into this.

I have heard that you can use truck mounts to put a V8 in a slant car. I have never done this, but i think you use a stock mount on passenger side, and a truck mount on driver side. Maybe someone here can give more insight into this.

I have a 73 spool mount so I don't think it will work. I think you can go that route on the 72 and older biscuit mount.

sorry to jump in but i have a 72 dart that i want to put in a 318, has a slant 6 k frame. is there any way to use different mounts to make it work other than spending 120.00 on the kit.

i think transdapt makes a kit for the 72 and down that is about half price but they don't make anything for the 73+

sorry to jump in but i have a 72 dart that i want to put in a 318, has a slant 6 k frame. is there any way to use different mounts to make it work other than spending 120.00 on the kit.

I think you can use a car mount for the drivers side and a truck mount on the passenger side.

bigblockdart.com has a tech page and they did one for a big block. i know thats not much help but some words implied that they got the specs from direct connection. maybe thats a lead to find the specs you need:)

bigblockdart.com has a tech page and they did one for a big block. i know thats not much help but some words implied that they got the specs from direct connection. maybe thats a lead to find the specs you need:)

Cool I will do a search there.

I've seen it done for a big block and I had one that I sold which had the small block mounts cut off it and saved to be repositioned for big block, but I ended up with a DC one for cheap money instead.

Tomorrow is the day I am doing it! I still can not believe that no other gearheads have done this before. I guess I will be the test subject! We are going to bolt up the tranny first and take measurements off of my buddy's 340 Dart Sport. I will let you guys know how it goes. He is the redneck MacGyver so I hope we can figure it out. Wish me luck!

Good luck and let us know how it goes! Take plenty of pics and post them please.

-
Back