Mopar Ally Show Cupertino Ca

-

iw378

Reaction score
Who's going ? I live in the east bay between Sac and SF off of I 80. It would be cool if we could meet up and roll down there as a group. It would be a sight to see some barracudas , darts , valiants, scamps, cuda's, chargers, rolling across the bay bridge as a group.
Next Sunday.. Lets meet up!
Luke

I was going to go, and I am on the way, but my radiator just bit the bullet and I can't take the car more than 10 minutes in any direction now. Very bad timing on the rads part. Actually, if the new one gets here in the middle of the week or something I could have it in, and maybe could still get there, and I'd take you up on that offer. I'm right before Martinez.

If you need a hand I can help you get it put in. I think I have seen your car before. The company I work for is off of channel road in Benecia. I am pretty sure I saw it when I was leaving our yard a month or two ago.

DAMN been since about 1968--9 I've thought about Cupertino!!

Spent some time at TI going to Navy school. One of the guys in the "ham" (amateur radio) club lived in Cupertino, was out at his place coupl'a times.

If you need a hand I can help you get it put in. I think I have seen your car before. The company I work for is off of channel road in Benecia. I am pretty sure I saw it when I was leaving our yard a month or two ago.

Do you work for Mike Obrien or Hammer and Steel?

My shop is at the end of West Channel so you likely saw me, it's parked there 5 days a week. If you ever want to see custom boat restorations, stop by and visit us. We have a few projects going on.

Also thanks for the offer of help, getting it in is not an issue at all, just waiting for it to get here. I'll have it in the same day. Do they allow show up registration?

I'll be there with the convertible. It's only about 12 miles for me.

Ok Iw378, got my radiator, got it in, how you wanna work this out?

We're going to be driving my 1968, and the fiancee is going to bring her 1974 to enter it in the project catagory. Also do you have to pick a category and park there, or is that just for judging categories or something? Because my car is about 5 different things on there. Daily Driver, 4 door, A body, project, slant 6.

I have a friend in town who has a green barracuda, I'll see if he wants to cruise too.

Just let me know what time and where you want to meet. I could head out to somewhere on industrial way and then we could all jump on the bridge. Let me know.

sssea_zpsmcxu28bl.jpg

Also CJ, are you coming through with your dad from FF, or you down south still?

Well, I was going en route to the show as planned with my new buddy here, but halfway there, I had to turn around. The car started overheating. Everything was all well and good, then suddenly up to 210 degrees. I opened the hood to check, the coolant overflow was empty so I assumed the rad cap was malfunctioning or something. I had a towel out, tapped the cap a couple times with the palm of my hand as was assuming I'd have to sit and wait while it cooled down to open it -

I did not get that option. After I tapped it, the cap cocked at an angle which prompted me to turn and run, but I did not get away, the radiator geysered all the coolant into my face and hand. My fiancee' called 911 and a firetruck arrived and they salined the hell out of my face. They said I was lucky to be wearing sunglasses since my eyes were fine.

I took a ride in an ambulance to Walnut Creek, and they discharged me after doing some very painful procedures. It will heal fine, but it is quite painful. Somehow the universe came together and my brother happened to drive by at the same time and saw my car - since it's so noticeable. Perhaps and act of god or something. But he was able to get my car towed home, and he took the kids back to his house, so everyone including me came home safe.

I have the cap, and both the locking tabs are bent outwards it seems, but the cap screws onto the neck and seems to be tight, so I'm assuming the materials from the cap are cheap or something or somehow the radiator neck is messed up and it was able to spin open - who knows. But right now I am ok, just gotta stay indoors for a while.

Hope you're ok?! Been a very long time since I've had that happen to me, but wish it on no one.

It's become more just irritating than painful now, and I look like crap, but it looks worse than it feels. Apparently I need to be injured to sit down and do nothing, which is irritating enough to me. Haven't spent this much time on the couch in a while.

I'll be there with the convertible. It's only about 12 miles for me.

There was several notch droptops. which was yours? What color, that is

Was it the blue with the slant? Very nice car

-
Back