Mopar cop cars?

-

bluedart

It's not B3! It's UU1!
Reaction score
Hey all,

I bought a 67 Fury Ex Fbi car... Just wondering if theres a way to break down numbers to see if it is actually worth keeping or parting.. It's in rough shape..

I haven't got a clue on what to do, but i could really use the big block drive train and sure grip in a later project..

First 5 letters of the VIN are: Pk41H

hopefully I posted in the correct part of the forum.

Thanks, nick

Not sure what your question is?
PK IS a factory Fury cop car.
41 is 4 door sedan
H is 383 4 BBL

If you have the actual Fender Tag I can tell you more.

Hope this helps,
Later,
Bruce B.

I guess my question is:

Is it worth trying to save, or should I just part it out? I don't know anything about numbers on cop cars, and alot of people told me to "save it". But I see it as a big block donor car...

Was also wondering if theres some sort of number on how many were built? Or would it be just how many 67 4 door Furys were built?

I've already broke down the fender tag, not much on it or too show.
Thanks

Save it!
Don't know if is drivable but once you do, you will be impressed with it's performance. Post up a pic.
Don't know much on #'s but you won't find a lot of options on Police cars. Usually bare bones built like a 68 Roadrunner. IMO, they are 4 door muscle cars.

I guess my question is:

Is it worth trying to save, or should I just part it out? I don't know anything about numbers on cop cars, and alot of people told me to "save it". But I see it as a big block donor car...

Was also wondering if theres some sort of number on how many were built? Or would it be just how many 67 4 door Furys were built?

I've already broke down the fender tag, not much on it or too show.
Thanks

Told you it was rough..

Long story, but the car is deep in this guys back yard, behind 4 Big dodge trucks and a big flatbed old chevy truck. Plus I can't count what else.. I'm still working with him to get it out.

I just want to get her home and cleaned up..

67Fury002.jpg

67Fury004.jpg

I really like old C bodies, though mainly 2 doors, but from what I see in the picture, that 1 should be allowed to follow in the footsteps of so many of it's siblings and move on to it's destiny as a drive train donor for some deserving A, B or E body.

Seriously that car will never be worth the money you'll spend on saving it and unless it stirs your soul, you should part it.

There's a cult following for old police cars, much like A-body Mopars...but I digress.

This car is a two ton plus muscle car. Cop cars got heavy duty everything. Most of the time they will have Firm Feel power steering and big drum brakes. Once you get away from the running gear, parts will be hard to find.

It's hard to tell from the pictures since you cannot tell the how bad the rust is. If the rust isn't too bad then they make great 4 door cars. Really doesn't look too bad from that picture.

Much as I hate to say it... Donor. Old cop cars make great family haulers, cooler than a new SUV, but it will be expensive!! I'm guessing you'd get a lot more enjoyment out of a smaller, 2-door musclecar with all the cop-parts you can salvage from the fury.

Here's what I got from the fender tag:
1967 Plymouth Fury Police package
4 door sedan
Built May 16, 1967
325 hp 383 c.i.
727 Torqueflite automatic
8.15x15 police tires
8 3/4 3.23 Sure-Grip rear
Vinyl and cloth bench seat
Blue trim
Medium blue metallic exterior paint
Light blue upper door frame paint
Cleaner air package
LH remote mirror
Special order

There are several things on that list worth parting out, but I would rather see it fixed up if the rust isn't that bad. It would make for a great sleeper. If the rust is bad, you get a 383/727/8 3/4 sure grip which will slip right in something else.

I'm as much of a cop car nut as I am an A body nut.

Cop cars are very rare for most of the reasons stated above.
They will draw a good price in the worst of conditions.

Save it, sell it and buy your drivetrain for your car with the profit.

Later,
Bruce B.

That fender tag spells BAD *** all over it!!! If you dont want it send it all to someone else. I would cop it out and put some LED lights on top.

If you need to rebuild the motor, might as well build a 438 stroker with everything from 440source.com

Save it!! Not every car was ment to be a Damn drive train donor car! Some cars need to be left the hell alone!

There's a cult following for old police cars, much like A-body Mopars...but I digress.

Yes! copcardotcom has already been mentioned. Peruse the whole site and you'll get a feel for how deep the cop car subculture goes.

Cop cars are very rare for most of the reasons stated above.
They will draw a good price in the worst of conditions.

Save it, sell it and buy your drivetrain for your car with the profit.

Yes!

Save it!! Not every car was ment to be a Damn drive train donor car! Some cars need to be left the hell alone!

Hell yes!

A tech at the dealership I work for has 2 Cop cars, One is a late 70s early 80s Diplomat with a built 360/4 speed,

Nick,

Great to see you here! I don't frequent BBD as much as I used to, and I spend way too much time here.

Get her out of the jungle and then post pictures and give us a little better idea of her condition then make a decision. I would lean on the save it side.

Kim

Hey Kim! I've missed you around BBD. I don't post much anymore, i just study information that others give.

How are your Darts coming along??

Hey Kim! I've missed you around BBD. I don't post much anymore, i just study information that others give.

How are your Darts coming along??

Awe heck Nick,

Still the same on the Darts, one daughter is getting married next July and the youngest is about to get braces so "say la ve" for the next year or so. Hay, they aren't going anywhere since I've had them since the very early 80's. My time will come.

Have you made a decision on the cop car yet?

Awe heck Nick,

Still the same on the Darts, one daughter is getting married next July and the youngest is about to get braces so "say la ve" for the next year or so. Hay, they aren't going anywhere since I've had them since the very early 80's. My time will come.

Have you made a decision on the cop car yet?

No, not yet. I want to pressure was the entire car and under the hood (got to bolt the carb back on first...) and go from there.

Just depends on if the floors are good or not. I really got my eye on stuff that drive train (eventually) into another dart.

Wanna trade for one of your darts? :-D

-
Back