Mopar ECU inexpensive price

-

Pawned

N.R.A. Lifetime Member - And damn proud of it
Reaction score
lz5sdne
I just called the manufacturer to see if this part was available here in Phoenix. He said maybe at a Chrysler dealer, but it would be very expensive. I mentioned I found one at Amazon for about $15. The guy said there is no way in hell they are selling them that cheap. I must have the wrong part number. I hung up with him and went back to Amazon and found the unit. It has the exact same part number as the one I have. So I bought two or them. It says that there are two left in stock, When they reorder they may find if it is a mistake. For the $15 I will keep a spare.

http://tinyurl.com/lz5sdne

follow the link I can not put in a picture

http://tinyurl.com/lz5sdne

ECU's with that price are genuine China made clone ECU's.
Performs like crap and spark will break down above 3000rpm and have lousy idle qualities.

The link I opened after clicking what you posted says 49.25

Attachments

• mopar.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 466
They were awful damn fast changing that. I just double checked my order and it says I ordered 2 for $15.77 each. Oh well, I tried. If you look at the amazon page. enlarge and on the right side stamped into the blue area it reads "MADE IN USA"

I cut and pasted this from the email they send me
Placed on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

2 x Genuine Mopar P4120505 Orange Electronic Control Unit
$15.77
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

I bought a mercury outboard motor a few years ago new, and it says made in the USA. Right, the cover was made here the darn motor was made and assembled in Japan.

I bought a mercury outboard motor a few years ago new, and it says made in the USA. Right, the cover was made here the darn motor was made and assembled in Japan.
I tried to let you all know about a good deal. After all the negative I promise, " I WILL NEVER TRY TO DO SOMEONE A GOOD TURN AGAIN"

Why the hell do I bother????

I guess you got screwed

I just looked over the Amazon link. The ones I bought were from Amazon. There were only two left after me. I bet someone else bought the last two, so Amazon defaulted to the next vendor in line, for about $50

I tried to let you all know about a good deal. After all the negative I promise, " I WILL NEVER TRY TO DO SOMEONE A GOOD TURN AGAIN"

Sorry for some of the responses you got. Some are just skeptical of everything. I am not currently in need of an ecu right now but appreciate your "valliant" effort put forth. There is always some one out there that may be in search for the same part. Its part of what we should all be doing as the purpose here is to help each other.

They really pissed in your cornflakes, that's for sure.

I guess you got screwed

I just looked over the Amazon link. The ones I bought were from Amazon. There were only two left after me. I bet someone else bought the last two, so Amazon defaulted to the next vendor in line, for about $50
No didn't get screwed, turns out it's been trouble free.
My point was they say made in the US, thats what i thought i was buying.

Thanks, for sharing

There is less than $5 of electronic parts in them, the rest is in the enclosure, manufacturing and who ever splits the profit.

There is less than $5 of electronic parts in them, the rest is in the enclosure, manufacturing and who ever splits the profit.

no question, except they seal it in a container where you can not disassemble it without destroying the components.

At least I got mine for a reasonable markup and not 3-4 times more they are asking

I got a 80 buck 8 piece timing set for the price of one of the cogs, $17. Part number for cog Rockauto quoted crossed over to a complete set so i grabbed it and hoped for the best. Score!

Pawned,
I appreciate you posting the info (even though I don't use a Mopar ECU). One guy was real nice 6 months ago by posting that J.C. Whitney was listing Offenhauser slant six intakes at a low ~$120 (usually ~$260). People snapped those up in an hour, though some just flipped them. I agree w/ Kit. No reason an ECU should cost so much. People have installed a hidden GM HEI module under the cover, in which case you can bypass your ballast, but keep a factory look.

Thanks Bill, I guess I paid a proper amount for the ECU. Although Amazon still has not shipped the piece. Amazon is a pain in the butt.

Unless I get a price that is a steal (like this last one is), Amazon and I have come to a parting of the ways

I agree. I rarely use Amazon, except to leverage my son's free shipping w/ Prime. Too many sellers give no "value added", just listing the same sketchy generic info you see copied across many web sites. rockauto seems better at giving correct photos, details, and applications, though individual ebay sellers (guys like us) seem the best and most helpful.

Thanks Bill, I guess I paid a proper amount for the ECU. Although Amazon still has not shipped the piece. Amazon is a pain in the butt. Unless I get a price that is a steal (like this last one is), Amazon and I have come to a parting of the ways
And why have Amazon and I come to a parting of the ways, you ask?? I am totally convinced that Amazon deliberately delays the shipment of your order, to force you to NOT USE the Free Shipping option and to force you to Pay for a faster shipping option. When the minimum free shipment was $25, they shipped out orders within 24 hours. Now it is $35 for free shipping and they delay shipping your product for 5 or 6 days. Punishment of sorts for choosing Free shipping. I bet this could be turned into a class action suit.

I could have walked over to their warehouse and picked up the package in less time that it takes them to ship it

I also appreciate your effort......
"puter" parts buying????? I was gonna buy 4 small under the hood electronic items from Rock Auto ) ballast, volt reg etc). well 2 coming from one warehouse, others from another. LIke $18 USPS for EACH shipment. could have gone in small box and send for what $5 USPS ?????? I cancelled half the order.

I just got mine on Amazon for $15. See??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 266
I just got mine on Amazon for $15. See??
Did you order the last one after I did??? I am still waiting for them to ship the damn things.

What day did you order it and when did you receive it. I see you did free shipping just like me. They have not even looked at my order yet

Did you order the last one after I did??? I am still waiting for them to ship the damn things.

What day did you order it and when did you receive it. I see you did free shipping just like me. They have not even looked at my order yet

I ordered it on Tuesday the 23rd and received it on Friday the 26th.

-
Back