Mopar heartattack

-

Dicer

70 Swinger
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Mopower to everyone, like to introduce myself to FABO forum. Although not new to having a mopar but being apart of the ever growing group of fine individuals that make up this forum my many thanks to you all. Having cut my teeth on the families' teenage hand me down car, which happen to be a 1967 Chrysler Newport with the 383 2 bbl. A pretty powerful car back in the day, being a fresh 16 year it had all the power I could ever want, and if I turn the air cleaner lid upside down it indeed sounded like and felt like it could not be beat. A course I had several cars growing up but it was the Dodges and Plymouth's I remembered the most. In high school I remember having several Mopars including a 1970 and then a 1971Challengers, one orange with a slant 6 manual and a plum crazy with the infamous 340, oh boy do wish I had it back. But the last mopar I had was 64 barracuda with the 273 4bbl. with the typewriter transmission, sold it, got married, did the service, divorced,married again. Did a lot of motorcycling, and always thinking of having another Mopar in the very near future. Time races on, until the bug bite, hard! I was working part time at a farm store and they hired a part timer like myself he had a beautiful red 1972 Challenger, felt the shakes, it was the “mopar heart attack”.Only known cure is go out and get one, NOW ! CL's good place as any to start, found one, called to look and the next day bought it. The car been sitting outside in the elements for years, but it was all there and had not been butchered, wrecked, or disassembled. The field mice use it for years for their personal hideaway retreat, and they took the time they had to arrange the insulation to suite their needs.

To make a long story short, new gas tank, starter, carburetor and tune-up/oil change, she lives.Overhauled the heater box, new firewall insulation, new carpet, and a few other choice pieces to make it enjoyable to drive again. One of my better choices, well except for my divorce from my first. Mopower to all, thanks 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 in progress.

Attachments

• DSCN1369.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 264
  • DSCN1368.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCN1370.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 225
Welcome aboard from Arkansas, nice Dart :glasses7:, start a restoration thread here if you like and enjoy this great site :cheers:

Welcome to FABO!!

That Mopar disease lays dormant for years...but there is no cure! My story is similar to yours. Started with Mopar, went some time without, now back for the duration.

Welcome to FABO. That Swinger you have looks like a lot of fun. toolmanmike

Great story! Welcome from Colorado and a nice Swinger in the garage:coffee2:

Dave,

Thank you for the warm welcome. Going to start a restro thread soon. Checking numbers today, got to know what I got for sure.

Attachments

• Build Sheet 2.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 142
-
Back