Mopar Nats in Columbus??? How about Moparfest in Ontario???

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Curious as to who might be going. I haven't been to the Nats in 15 years and have never been to Moparfest - anybody have any tips on making the most of these events?

After going to Carlisle the first time I realized what a cluster#uck the Nats are. Why anyone would pay to take a car in and park in the most unorganized mess you've ever seen is beyond me. Don't get me wrong I'll still be there BUT it's only because it's close enough to drive there and back in a day. Mike I called you while in Carlisle looking to have lunch again. I parked and had lunch at the diner this year. Thanks again for telling me the "secret"

Moparfest is a great show for us Canucks. Altho I've never been to Carlisle or Nats, Moparfest is nowhere near as big, probably approx 2500-3000 cars tops? Maybe 70 vendors?

Last time at Nats for me was about 2003. First time was late 80s. Long haul when I lived in Mo. and went all the way to Carlsile twice. Carlisle was 1000 times better than Nats. IMO

Since Carlisle came off before Nats. ALL the good parts wer there first at Carlisle for the high end guys. The big venors then went to Nats. I took some regular stuff to sell at both. Last time at Nats. I had not been for a few years. I was amazed at the lack of good parts there. Yes plenty of overpriced BB exh. manifolds etc. but so many vendors just bought a spot to park or hangout and try to sell used alternators!! First time guys maybe sorta. Nats got to be a downer for me and havn't been in 20 years. I wonder how bad it is today. OK I an guess. Dirty. Poorly managed. Do they still not empty the port potties for three days!!??? :poke: :rofl:

What I realized is Carlisle is very organized and ran like a well oiled machine. The Nat's are an old clunker ran by people in it for the money only. Poorly managed is an understatement!!!

I haven't been to the Nats in probably 20 years or more. I started to go to Carlisle instead.

I go to Moparfest every year. Great show for us, and any Americans who don't mind crossing the border.

Ii have not been to the Nats in ~10 years or so -
It used to have an excellent swap meet area and racing, the car coral was good too. I Bought My '79 Disco Wagon there in 2003. However the "fun field" was always a gigantic free for all. Most folks has been talking it down for the last couple of years.

Moparfest Is Highly recommended for Canucks or anyone else! Cool show with an appreciative crowd that is into diverse areas of the MoPar realm.
I have not been there since 2015, but I would go again if the schedule and other work things would allow me to travel there again.

Last edited:
Mike I called you while in Carlisle looking to have lunch again. I parked and had lunch at the diner this year. Thanks again for telling me the "secret"
Ron - sorry to have missed you! I had lunch there twice between Thursday and Sunday. I'll have to look at a map and figure out where Beaver Falls is. My car is garaged in Delta PA for now - on MD border down 74 from York. I'll be driving across the state going to Columbus and then driving back from Ontario.

You can easily make Beaver Falls a slight detour on your way from Delta to Columbus :thumbsup:

Curious as to who might be going. I haven't been to the Nats in 15 years and have never been to Moparfest - anybody have any tips on making the most of these events?
Going to the Nats

Last time at Nats for me was about 2003. First time was late 80s. Long haul when I lived in Mo. and went all the way to Carlsile twice. Carlisle was 1000 times better than Nats. IMO

Since Carlisle came off before Nats. ALL the good parts wer there first at Carlisle for the high end guys. The big venors then went to Nats. I took some regular stuff to sell at both. Last time at Nats. I had not been for a few years. I was amazed at the lack of good parts there. Yes plenty of overpriced BB exh. manifolds etc. but so many vendors just bought a spot to park or hangout and try to sell used alternators!! First time guys maybe sorta. Nats got to be a downer for me and havn't been in 20 years. I wonder how bad it is today. OK I a guess. Dirty. Poorly managed. Do they still not empty the port potties for three days!!??? :poke: :rofl:
I went last year, it’s definitely not what it was ten years ago but a lot of the problem is not only the management but the fact Dodge has pulled out and is now doing Roadkill nights up in Pontiac’s Michigan which is not only the same weekend but loads more popular.

The Nats are basically now a Mopar only drag race with some show cars and a swap meet. Last year they had Catherine Bach there to sign autographs but the stunt crew people were total *** holes to everyone. And to get an autograph was like 60 bucks

And to get an autograph was like 60 bucks
That's BS. I used to be into 63-67 Vettes big time. I did a cosmetic restoration on a 66 roadster and a frame off on a rough 65 factory AC roadster. I went to a big Corvette show once (probably about 1986) and Mr. Zora Arkus Duntov was signing Autographs AND casually chatting with people for free. Some people have class, and some are just money grabbing whores.

-
Back