Mopar performance cast valve covers

-

66dartman

Reaction score
Anyone using Mopar Performance cast aluminum valve covers with Harland Sharp Rockers on a small block? Don't want to order them online if they won't clear, but I am tired of my sheet metal Moroso covers and want to replce them. Thanks in advance!

My rockers are from Hughes Engines I'm not sure who makes them but when I was buying valve covers I went with the large MoPar valve covers for a few reasons, clearance and a beefer look.
View attachment 12.jpg

Kenny

Hemiroid, those are the same covers I have on my 408 in my sig pic. Pricey little guys aren't they?

66Dartman, you shouldn't have any clearance problems with the cast aluminum valve covers and your harland sharp rocker arms. I have Hughes roller rockers (which are about the same size) on my RHS headed 318 with the MP black wrinkle covers and they clear no problem...

Hemiroid, those are the same covers I have on my 408 in my sig pic. Pricey little guys aren't they?

Mopardude318:The picture of your stroker is what influenced me to buy them when I was looking.
I have to get the breathers like yours, hope you don't mine, they look good.
Kenny

Anyone using Mopar Performance cast aluminum valve covers with Harland Sharp Rockers on a small block? Don't want to order them online if they won't clear, but I am tired of my sheet metal Moroso covers and want to replce them. Thanks in advance!

funny..thats the exact opposite i did on one of my motors...oddly enough i've had ALOT better luck getting the sheetmetal $30 mildons or moroso's to seal, than i have with the edelbrock and mopar perf cast aluminum valve covers. on a 318 i went back to the cheepo's instead of the EDL because they leaked something terrible no matter what gasket/sealer combo i used.. i recently bought a 408 crate that has the pretty mopar black ones that the other fellows on here posted pics of...i love the look...but on these ones i can't get a breather combo or the oil caps to stop that annoying several drips every time it gets hot...anyone have a better idea on how to fix this? best combo so far is the evap style breathers...haven't replaced the caps yet though...sorry to hijack your topic.lol...but as far as clearance you're fine...just carry a rag.lol

yeah, the breathers are another issue. Nice engine pics guys! But I was also wondering about the breathers on the mopar valve covers. Maybe I will stay with my morosos after all, but I hate the baffles on the morosos. Makes it an all day thing to add oil. Any other decent looking valve covers? I like the eddy classic look, but they are pricey!

Here's a set I really like, Offenhauser #5490. They should solve the breather problem because it looks like you can use the push-on style like Mopar used during the sixties. Same with the PCV valve if you can find one that doesn't have the word "HEMI" attached to it. :-D Unfortunately, these are pretty expensive too. Cheapest I've found them is about $250 IIRC. And of course I'd have to get them powder coated too.

Attachments

• offy_5490-u.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 477
I had 1.6 ratio Harlen Sharps and the MP covers on my 440 with 906 heads and they fit just fine. I know you said small block, but just thought Id put my 2 cents in

funny..thats the exact opposite i did on one of my motors...oddly enough i've had ALOT better luck getting the sheetmetal $30 mildons or moroso's to seal, than i have with the edelbrock and mopar perf cast aluminum valve covers. on a 318 i went back to the cheepo's instead of the EDL because they leaked something terrible no matter what gasket/sealer combo i used.. i recently bought a 408 crate that has the pretty mopar black ones that the other fellows on here posted pics of...i love the look...but on these ones i can't get a breather combo or the oil caps to stop that annoying several drips every time it gets hot...anyone have a better idea on how to fix this? best combo so far is the evap style breathers...haven't replaced the caps yet though...sorry to hijack your topic.lol...but as far as clearance you're fine...just carry a rag.lol

Mopar performance sells the rubber seals to seal these up for $18.00
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DCC-4120272/
Breathers are $7.00 each.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DCC-4529880/

-
Back