Mopar salvage yard near Asheville, NC?

-

Woodsman341

Reaction score
Hi folks,

My wife and I are heading toward Asheville tomorrow for a little vacation, and she asked if we were stopping by any salvage yards for parts. So, am I? Are there any Mopar laden salvage yards in or about Asheville?

None, zero, zilch! Closest thing is Steve Ivester in Shelby. I've lived in the Asheville area my whole life, but I have made it a habit to not tell anyone I'm "From" Asheville anymore! I say Candler now, in the western part of the state. Stay out of downtown Asheville at night. Violent crime has increased tremendously in the last few years. The APD (Asheville Police Dept.) is 53% understaffed due to local politics and getting defunded.

Go to the Biltmore House, go up on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Go to Black Mountain and walk around to all the shops there. Stop in Hendersonville on your way in or on your way home and go downtown and walk around. Lots of nice shops and places to eat, and they have a Pinball machine museum where you can play all the machines.

Sorry to be so negative about Downtown Asheville, but it's turned into a big blue turd in the middle of a sea of red Western NC.

Be on your toes in the construction zone between Hendersonville and the I-40 - I-26 interchange.

Have a safe trip. :thumbsup:

None, zero, zilch! Closest thing is Steve Ivester in Shelby. I've lived in the Asheville area my whole life, but I have made it a habit to not tell anyone I'm "From" Asheville anymore! I say Candler now, in the western part of the state. Stay out of downtown Asheville at night. Violent crime has increased tremendously in the last few years. The APD (Asheville Police Dept.) is 53% understaffed due to local politics and getting defunded.

Go to the Biltmore House, go up on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Go to Black Mountain and walk around to all the shops there. Stop in Hendersonville on your way in or on your way home and go downtown and walk around. Lots of nice shops and places to eat, and they have a Pinball machine museum where you can play all the machines.

Sorry to be so negative about Downtown Asheville, but it's turned into a big blue turd in the middle of a sea of red Western NC.

Be on your toes in the construction zone between Hendersonville and the I-40 - I-26 interchange.

Thanks, man! I haven't been there in probably 20 years.

Asheville is the SanFransisco of NC. It has been absolutely ruined by the libs and the hipsters.

You're very welcome. Except for several new hotels downtown, it looks about the same. Homeless population has exploded and 99.9% of them are Bat chit :realcrazy: druggies.

Wife and I went to Ashville area in February. Spot on with what we saw. Too bad for the town. Daytime was good. Walked around town. Went to the pinball museum...really cool.

Drove down to Chimney Rock through Bat Cave, NC. Then on down to Lake Lure. Really nice area.

Went for a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway and saw this guy. Stopped the car and she and her yearling crossed the road in front of our car.

Resized_20230219_123145~2_670931683030412.jpeg

Well I’ve never been to Portland, but I’ve been to SanFran. Ironically the cleanest and safest place to be in SanFran is Alcatraz.

Ivester's is well worth the drive.

Hi folks,

My wife and I are heading toward Asheville tomorrow for a little vacation, and she asked if we were stopping by any salvage yards for parts. So, am I? Are there any Mopar laden salvage yards in or about Asheville?
"she asked". Did she say that with a sigh? Mine would.

Would your whole life in Asheville include during the 1970's?
Grew up there.

"she asked". Did she say that with a sigh? Mine would.

NO! That's the surprising part. Not for her I mean, but previous girls would never have asked, or would have done so sarcastically. My wife heard me talking about my favorite car from my youth, got as much detail as she could from me, and then searched til she found one and bought it. She has been very supportive...and though she knows very little about mechanics and nothing about body work, she is excited to actually work on the car with me.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I know I got the jackpot. :) No pun intended, since my name is Jack.

Yep, we went to Lake Lure a few years back and that was beautiful as well as Hendersonville. We took a ride to downtown.
Asheville and very disappointed. We pretty much immediately left.

And I did find a pretty nice '74 bumper, has minor rash on one side that I'm not sure how to fix, and didn't see it til I got it home and washed it off.

Only thing I want to change is it has the wide, thick bumper guards and I want to find a set of 75-76 narrow guards.

I went to Vick's in Chesnee, Steve Ivester's in Lawndale, and met with Mopar Perry. I ended up buying from Steve because he had the biggest selection, was extremely helpful and friendly, and his price was half of the others. This man has TONS of parts and I don't know how many cars...

-
Back