Moparfest 2014

-
Looking forward to the weekend.
I'm going to make a FABO banner, if you want your car to be in it, send me a private message.

You did a heck of a job on the banner for the Nat's last year (Thanks!).

attachment.php

You guys suck LOL no sign of mine yet .First in last out eh ! You can win the ticket car Kazooom I want the road Runner meep meep .
You're not the only one who is still waiting Chris..... No sign of mine yet either.:protest:
Oh well, I guess I will have to wait and see what the mailman brings next week.

Scored 2 rooms at the Holiday Inn for HemiDenny and I. We will be bringing the
silver Hemi Duster. Trying to talk the Pittsburg Boys into coming (62bt409 Hemi
Demon and HemiMark injected Hemi Barracuda).

Mopar Nat's, Moparfest and Carlisle are all in the plans for this year. Maybe more.

OMM
Here we go again, how many times do I have to tell you how to spell Pittsburgh??? AND what are you getting me into???

Tod and Sarah are on the list to come.....might was well bring the Demon and the Cuda.
Sarah mentioned too bad I didn't have a 3 car trailer, then her RR could come along. The Cuda in the FABO area would make a great conversation piece :D:D:D

Scored 2 rooms at the Holiday Inn for HemiDenny and I. We will be bringing the
silver Hemi Duster. Trying to talk the Pittsburg Boys into coming (62bt409 Hemi
Demon and HemiMark injected Hemi Barracuda).

Mopar Nat's, Moparfest and Carlisle are all in the plans for this year. Maybe more.

I have a feeling that when the event organizers see these cars that they will want to have them parked inside the arena behind ropes.

No they have a show barn for the trailer queens , you might give Patt a call and ask about showing them there , otherwise you will have to actually drive them the 20 km to the show both days , the cars in the barn go in Friday and stay all weekend with security at night ,just a thought , also HemiDenny might have room in his display space for 1 or 2 , I've seen other vendors park a couple in their booth area .

....otherwise you will have to actually drive them the 20 km to the show both days.
Not that they won't drive the cars if the roads and the weather are decent (they do that
all the time at the Nat's) but we would still have to bring the truck and trailer with canopy, small K-frame display, chairs, coolers etc. etc. etc.

The building sounds nice but I doubt we would leave them there as we will want them for the hotel "festivities" at night.

How are the roads from town out to the event location including lanes into the facility?

The hotels are at the entrance to the highway which takes you right to the fairgrounds , they like to redirect traffic through town to the back entrance to the ground and from there it is a fairground -gravel , grass and dirt etc , I wasn't saying it to be a dick the traffic can be backed up for a mile with 2000 cars trying to get into 2 single lane entrances , the hotel festivities for us are more the park the car and walk with the wobbly pops sort of thing,nobody wants to get stupid while drinking , there is a burn out contest at a local dealer on Saturday night with a BBQ but we usually skip it and go for a nice dinner as a group instead .The truth is we party the most on Friday because August in Southern Ontario is hot and humid so after 12 hours in the hot sun us older farts are usually in the bag and heading for bed by 10:30 on Saturday . There isn't really anywhere on the showgrounds to park a trailer that I have seen other than the vendor areas , maybe across the highway somewhere , Gilles aka 340Butterduster would know more about it than me so you might want to drop him a line , if you did end up putting the cars in the barn you know you would be welcome to ride with any of us , heck I even let almost anybody drive my car .

Yeah was a little surprised until I saw just how big this thing gets , the people walking in to see the show have to park on the other side of the highway , go to the home page and check out the helicopter shot , the grounds is 10-15 miles from the hotels and the town is tiny , they do have a small area for trailers but it is used for the barn , the other option is you could put them in the car corral with insane prices on them , they let you park the trailer with the car on it there lol ! I would get hold of Gilles he helps organize the show so he might be able to pull some strings or jerk some wires eh .

There must be a trailer parking area because I found this on their website under the "OVERNIGHT" section.

"Car haulers, car trailers may be left in the trailer parking section for the weekend."

Here I was getting all upset and feeling left out, when low and behold, look what arrived in the mail today! I got #257, so shove over and make some room everyone...... I guess my wife and I and the barbecue can fit in there somewhere. LOL

Attachments

• DSCF2037 (Copy).jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 227
Just reading through the brochure, and it looks like Steve will get a chance to defend his crown as the Moparfest hotwing eating champion! The brochure says there will be a Wingtastic contest brought to you by Wild Wing restaraunt from Kitchener.

Make sure to bring your chapstick Steve! LOL

Attachments

• DSC04144%20(Medium).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 232
  • MoparFest%202010%20143.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 236
Just reading through the brochure, and it looks like Steve will get a chance to defend his crown as the Moparfest hotwing eating champion! The brochure says there will be a Wingtastic contest brought to you by Wild Wing restaraunt from Kitchener.

Make sure to bring your chapstick Steve! LOL

LOL, pucker up Andy Im packin! Im eagerly looking forward to defending my title!

-
Back