Moparfest 2022

-
Anybody get a group pic of the FABO club parking ?
Sorry I forgot. There were four of us
Is that Wild Bills old Gold Dart ?
Just kidding D I know it's yours
Yea that is mine. Did anyone that went see these for sale.
300908954_3132150053782250_6226074998461040429_n.jpg

I was surprised we had to buy the plaques this year, and no goodie bag, but then again they have been shut down for two years, so I chalked it up to that.

It was pretty packed all around on Saturday, both vendors, cars and spectators. I missed out on hats as they were sold out(good thing!) And the 50/50 Saturday was sold out also with the winner taking over $8100! That's a good thing, people were spending. Vendors prices were all over, but I didnt see a lot of 67-9 cuda stuff. I'm tempted to book a vendors spot and offload the leftovers.

The plaque was supposed to be $10 but they gave you a ticket to get it for $7 if you were pre registered

I'm curious if they have shifted to a whole new management team , the website doesn't seem to have anywhere the same amount of information on it , I didn't even get an email invite this year which really threw me for a loop , in the past that was usually the trigger for me to pre-register as soon as the website was ready to take the new years registration . I get that they lost two years but it is a year by year thing financially , every year they cash out for the charities so there shouldn't be any carry over funds , they even used to buy the next years give away car with the current years money which is why it was always being shown on Sunday as a lure for next years show . I also get that a couple of years before COVID Canadian Border Services effed over all the American vendors trying to enter the country with their goods and that was probably the biggest single blow to the scope and reputation of the show , follow that up with the decision to end the participants prize car and the whole persona of what Pat worked so hard to build seems to be evaporating into just another show . Hopefully it will come back around and start to build back up .

The plaque was supposed to be $10 but they gave you a ticket to get it for $7 if you were pre registered
Nothing was mentioned to us when we took our paper work up. I did hear that they put the plaque on the souvenir table later in the day.

Last edited:
I'm curious if they have shifted to a whole new management team , the website doesn't seem to have anywhere the same amount of information on it , I didn't even get an email invite this year which really threw me for a loop , in the past that was usually the trigger for me to pre-register as soon as the website was ready to take the new years registration . I get that they lost two years but it is a year by year thing financially , every year they cash out for the charities so there shouldn't be any carry over funds , they even used to buy the next years give away car with the current years money which is why it was always being shown on Sunday as a lure for next years show . I also get that a couple of years before COVID Canadian Border Services effed over all the American vendors trying to enter the country with their goods and that was probably the biggest single blow to the scope and reputation of the show , follow that up with the decision to end the participants prize car and the whole persona of what Pat worked so hard to build seems to be evaporating into just another show . Hopefully it will come back around and start to build back up .
One thing I really missed was the White Board that they used to put names on for door prizes.

I saw someone else getting their ticket for the plaque and had to go back and ask for it. Registration was disorganized compared to prior years. I heard they were having trouble getting volunteers.

One thing I really missed was the White Board that they used to put names on for door prizes.
How did people know they won ? I too enjoyed checking it from time to time , even found my own name on it a couple of times , still have that giant bottle of detail spray I used to buff that tail end scratch I got the one year lol .

It did seem a bit disorganized.

We were disappointed that we couldn't get a burger and fries for the kids under the picnic shelter.

Alot I chalked up as volunteers lost interest, change of organizers and unknown expectations

How did people know they won ? I too enjoyed checking it from time to time , even found my own name on it a couple of times , still have that giant bottle of detail spray I used to buff that tail end scratch I got the one year lol .
So this is what I was told about door prizes.
Yes there were over 40 door prizes.
But the door prizes and ballots were moved to the stage and the MC drew them and called out those names from the stage.
We’ll likely do it this way in the future. Would have been nice to have made an announcement about it but I don't think all the people in crowd would have been able to hear it. I was also told this about the speakers
Yes - we are aware of this and will be asking the Township to verify that all of the speakers are working.
We know it must improve.

Last edited:
-
Back