Mopars at LVD

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Whos going. It will be here before you know it. Oct 1st. I'm going and Im dragging the car with me. I dont care if it blows up on the track or doesnt stop at the end, Im gonna race this thing if it kills me.

Maybe I should watch what I say. :D

Think positive Adam.
I don't care if you break up
all the way down the track.
Make sure you can stop more than anything.

Tony, Im gonna go threw the brakes. New front hardware and shoes, a good adjustment and bleeding and maybe a master cylinder. Its not stopping all that bad right now.

You coming ? Its only about 5hrs from you. :afro:

I should be there, if nothing else just to beat the snot out of the Demon.
I don't even know if it will drive out of the garage. But I can always have some one push me down the quater. It'll probably be faster that way.

Well Norm, worse comes to worse the 2 of us can just run down the tracks. I smoke though so I'll be out of steam by the 60ft mark.

You're younger than me and I've been smoking since I was 16, So my 60' times are gonna suck.
I'll make a sugestion, don't pull up behind me in the staging lanes. When I had the car running in the garage a few weeks ago, it was smoking worse than me.
Seems to be running way to rich at idle. And I just went thru the carb.
I don't know what it is now. It's not dribbling out the veturies, and the mixture screws adjust fine.
I'm working on cleaning up my 750 dbl pumper to see if it helps any. I just don't remember where I put the dang jets.
If that doesn't work, maybe I'll just start tearing the 440 down, and do a poor mans rebuild on it. I'm pretty sure the reason that engine was going flat on the top end, is the valve springs are probably worn out.
Just remembered. I need to get a seat brace, to go from the seat to roll cage. Last time I was there the tech guy mentioned I needed one.
To many things and not enough time. Shannon's due the 2nd of Sept. and she's feeling that it's getting close.

Hey Norm, If you go back to the 440 what are you going to do with the 340 ?

Tear it apart also. I have a '71 Dart Swinger that needs a quater panel, and an engine.
I don't know yet which engine will end up in which car.

I want to and am considering it. It all depends on how the car runs this weekend and the weather forecast for LVD.

I'll be there with my Cousin and BossVega. Picking up the motor so no car.

AdamR said:
I'll be there with my Cousin and BossVega. Picking up the motor so no car.
You're picking the motor up at LVD?
I'm still debating on going or not.
I might just go to watch, but that always sucks to just sit and watch.

Mopower71 said:
You're picking the motor up at LVD?
I'm still debating on going or not.
I might just go to watch, but that always sucks to just sit and watch.

Yup.

Mopower71 said:
How much smoke out of the engine before they kick you out?

I blew a head gasket there last year in the scamp, and blew the rod out the side of the block in my import. They don't like you as much after that.
Since my fathers the President of the club putting it on I will be there working the show.

Hopefully we get really good weather....

Yeah lets hope we dont have another done pour like last year.

Scampin, any pictures of your car ?

I'm not going to make it. Come to find out I have a cracked block. But those of you that do go check out this car. Its a friend of mine Rick from New Hampshire. The car runs 9:50/9:60's with a small block and gives new meaning to the term wheelstand. If the track is good it will put on a show . Last night i saw the biggest wheelstand I have ever seen from a car when he brought this car to Oxford Dragway. This is a must see. :burnout:

p1127654828041.jpg

Well that was fun. I had to swap valvebodies on my fathers AAR cuda at leabonan valley after it locked up in 1st gear.
Other than the numerous breakdowns, the FAST challenger T/a hitting the wall, and the tech people not knowing what was and wasn't a mopar it was a good day.
130+ all mopar car show
300+ Mopar race cars.
29 Vendors

I had a good time. Great weather, great cars.

Did you race your scamp ? Whats it look like ?

-
Back