Mopars at the Rock

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
Rockingham has scheduled the running on Oct. 29. That will be the drags, car show and a huge swap meet. This was rained out earlier this year and with cooler weather this should be good for some fast times and a lot of fun. I really look forward to seeing some of you guys there.
Tommy

I'll be there!! Darlington also has theirs on the 15th. Plan to hit that one too.

Good deal, and thanks for the Darlington update. I didn't know about that one. I'll try to make that. I am in Kernersville so it's not to far.

I'm, just a few miles down the road from the Rock, about an hour from Darlington. Did you make the Farmington show in the spring? That's argueably the best Mopar event in the state.

im going to do my best to be there i had to work out of town when they had the farmington show i heard it was pretty good.

I missed Farmington, don't remember why, But I think it was a project at church with my son. We are looking forward to the Rock. I still need a few parts, so I'll be looking.

I missed Farmington, don't remember why, But I think it was a project at church with my son. We are looking forward to the Rock. I still need a few parts, so I'll be looking.
what are u lookin for i might be able to help ya find it. im not to far away im in martinsville va

I will be at both, Looking for 68 cuda stuff. Mainly Drivers front fender

Steve
Charleston SC

Anyone coming that is in need of some near new wheels and tires? These two shows are a perfect opportunity to save on shipping and get a real good deal. See my ad posted here in the classified section for details :)

I will be at The Rock. Can't wait for the swap meet. I am looking for an A-body ('65 Barracuda) manual steering box, either a nice usable one or a cheap junk one for a core along with some other odds & ends. Can't wait to go, this is the perfect time of the year for shows.:blob:

I will be at The Rock. Can't wait for the swap meet. I am looking for an A-body ('65 Barracuda) manual steering box, either a nice usable one or a cheap junk one for a core along with some other odds & ends. Can't wait to go, this is the perfect time of the year for shows.:blob:
That it is.. I love this weather!!!! There are a few Mopar graveyards around the state that I know of for parts. There is one over in the NE corner of the state that I saw another member post about. Peedens is in Smithfield, NC right off of I95 (its huge). There's a fellow down in Ruby,SC that has a bunch of old Mopars (just into SC). There is also a fellow here in Rockingham that has about 45 mopars that he is parting out, mostly B bodies - some are easily restorable.

Hope I can find you guys. It should be great. One of the guys who is big in drag racing said he was excited. With the cool weather there would be lots of horsepower.

I'm just planning to put my 62' Savoy in the show for both of these events. I want to be done putting money in this car at some point and I came to the profound conclusion that racing it will not accomplish that goal! :)

I wish my fish was ready to show. Maybe next year. For now I have a lot of boxes in the garage for of new stuff for the make over. Right now the front suspension has one side rebuilt and getting ready to do the other. I will definately look for the savoy.

I would love to go this year I live in Raeford just outside of Fayetteville but I am in Iraq this year. Will be the first one I have missed in 3 years.

Sorry you can't be there. Thank you for being there and protecting our freedom. Be safe, come home soon, and May God Bless You and the others who are there.
THANK YOU

If I am not working, I'll drive the Duster down for the Rockingham event. Not racing, just to show.

Sure hope the Rock is better than the Darlington thing yesterday ........ My first and last time bothering with that show for sure. Very, very disappointing!!

Sure hope the Rock is better than the Darlington thing yesterday ........ My first and last time bothering with that show for sure. Very, very disappointing!!
why what was wrong no swap meet, low turnout ?????

dam, id like to go havent been there for yrs. we raced there on a reguler bases in the 70/80s.what I realy miss is eating at the (JLB barn)in southern pines. best stake I ever had all the big name racers eat there.....Artie

why what was wrong no swap meet, low turnout ?????

Low turn out, one (2) swap meet venders - one that had only chevy & ford parts, and the show was a joke!! There were as many or more newer Mopars as old ones. I think three classes for new LC cars and several for the (2) PT Cruisers that were there ............
The judging was ............ I'd rather someone else give comment on this..
Let's just say I won't waste my time next year. :angryfir:

Gee Stumper, I almost came down. Sure glad I spent the day with my wife instead. I hope the Rock shows like it has in the past. Look forward to meeting you there.
Tommy

Gee Stumper, I almost came down. Sure glad I spent the day with my wife instead. I hope the Rock shows like it has in the past. Look forward to meeting you there.
Tommy

You would have been very disappointed......

ill be at the rock too. planning on showing and racing.
anyone wanna help me tune my carb while im there? its been fighting me for a while now....

-
Back