Mopars at the Strip

-

66dartman

Reaction score
It keeps getting bigger, thats a good thing. There was a pretty straight 66 cuda in pink that was asking 4999 and when I went back to look again it was sold. I have never seen one in pink, but it looked like it was factory paint. Mary Kay car? LOL! I enjoyed the show and all the legendary drivers from the 60's. Awesome weather compared to the crap I drove home through in the mountains. Anybody else enjoy it?

Missed it this year, again, but i did hear that it was a lot smaller than it usually is? probably fuel/economy. i'll be there next year, proooobably without my cuda :/

It keeps getting bigger, thats a good thing. There was a pretty straight 66 cuda in pink that was asking 4999 and when I went back to look again it was sold. I have never seen one in pink, but it looked like it was factory paint. Mary Kay car? LOL! I enjoyed the show and all the legendary drivers from the 60's. Awesome weather compared to the crap I drove home through in the mountains. Anybody else enjoy it?

Was there this year, with the Mopar/Direct Connection trailer and my Sublime charger.

My girl and I were looking at the pink b'cuda and she has wanted a pink version for a long time. A thousand dollars less, and I probably would have bought it for her.

But at that point, I would have had to push the car home, as I wouldnt have been able to buy gas for either of the two; atleast she would have had her damned pink cuda.:toothy10:

Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone who went to MATS. It was a pretty good show, but it was my first. I don't think it could get any better for me since I got to hang out with the the S/S Hemi guys/gals throughout the weekend. I was like a dream to be there listening to all the stories and the "behind the scenes" things that went on back then. They are also the nicest group of people I have had the honor of hanging out with.

I got to meet Rick from Laysons and Don from FBO. They were both great guys to talk to. MOPARJ I believe I have a few pics of your ride.

66dartman I didn't have much of a chance to check out the swapmeet, but a few months ago there was a nice pink 66 cuda on craigslist las vegas. I think I still have that ad printed out somewhere because I wanted to get car but didn't have the money at the time. IIRC they only wanted $2500 at the time.

Mike I took a group out to see the Torino Collection. I had Tom Hoover, Tom Coddington, Don and Joan Grotheer (their RR is in the collection), Ed Miller, Dick Oldfield, and Shirley Shahan. It took a little doing, but got them all there. Tom Hoover later told me that at first he thought I was just taking them to see a couple of cars in a warehouse, but after getting there he was glad I had pushed to get them there. His eyes lit up and he started telling us all about the cars. It was an awesome experience to see and hear them all there.

Arlen Vanke and Judy Lilly are also wonderful people that I truly enjoyed spending time with. For all our New Mexico members they will be at the Southwest Mopar event.

I can honestly say this was the best weekend of my life:cheers:

I'll get some pics up as soon as I get a chance to resize them.

got a few pics done.

arlen vanke 1.jpg

burnout1.jpg

grp1.jpg

race.jpg

race1.jpg

Thanks for sharing!!
I like thr red , white and blue cuda racing another cuda.
Nothing is better then watching two fish jumping.:cheers:

THis is one of my all time favorite race cars!

As for the pink 66 Barracuda, I have seen a few before. If it had a 999 paint code and was light pink it was probably a factory paint car. There is one in a guys yard on 40 somewhere in the middle of MO. I have seen another since, but I can't remember where I saw it. Not sure if it was a Mary Kay special or just a special color they decided to make a run of that year. It would be cool to know.

arlen vanke 1.jpg

The pink 66 that was for sale in Vegas was a 999 paint code.

Arlens car is also one of my favorites and he is a really great guy.

Thats Buddy Martin next to the Sox & Martin car.

arlen&car.jpg

buddy&car.jpg

-
Back