Mopars invade Centerville, pics.

-

DragginMAster

Reaction score
I too kthe death mobile to the races for the first time this weekend, centerville dragway in Centerville, Arkansas.

I have never drag raced anything (formally) before this weekend. I made two passes, one by myself and another against a car that was far from being street legal. Due to bad weather earlier in the day we were only going to the 1/8th mile mark instead of the 1000ft mark.

my first was done 9.95 @ 71.94mph.
second was 9.66 @ 71.74, I had a better reaction time. the car i raced had 6.9 @100.04

all pics are thumbnails, click for a larger image.

my car:

other a body ****:

i got more pics I just need to resize em and upload them.

more pics

a body ****:

non a body ****, but nice anyway:
the 57 chevy and the satellite were very fast runners, did not see the charger move anywhere except as I was driving beside him on my way out of town :D

Congratulations! The first few times down the track is what makes it so addicting.

Looks like your times convert to around 15.5 @ 88 mph. Pretty cool.

The first time I took my dart down it was an 18 something. LOL.
I took the duster last week and managed a 16.9 with it's tired 318.

Thanks for the pics. Some nice cars there.
Are you hooked?

HAY, hay ,hay that was a great pass man, :drinkers:
your car will move good!! :thumbup:
So what do you think about the great feeling of strait line racing when YOU are in the driver's set.
Your first time!!
glad you did a good job getting down the track. :headbang:

thanks for converting the times for me guys, was wondering... keep in mind though I got the highway gears in the back end, so it might be differ'nt :)

I can't really describe what its like to be in the driver seat, other than "intense"

now I just need to do it lots more so I can get "used to it" and improve on my reaction times :)

am I hooked? how could anyone NOT be? ;-)

am I hooked? how could anyone NOT be? ;)
Tell me about it. Look at my sig. Everything I own has been down the track at least 10 times. :toothy7:

The only reason the 71 dart hasn't been is because it has a 7 1/4 in it and is on jack stands in the garage.

More pictures... the pictures my sleep deprived overlooked.

most is not a body related at all.

some ain't even Mopar related.

The car that handed me my ***:

the longest consecutively driven funny car in north america. has raced every season since it was built, in 1972:

a couple dragsters:

the ram rod, fast sucker:

B Body **** anyone?:

some miscellaneous pics...

wait a damn second... back up... was that... a... SuperBird?

Yes. Yes it was :D

Nice pics. Really like that green Duster. Also the pink one.

duster work.gif

-
Back