MoParty 2023 Grand Champion run

-

JBrian

Reaction score
My first MoParty 2023 in the books. We towed 600 miles round trip Thursday and Sunday afternoon with no issues on a borrowed Aluma 8218. Friday was warm and sunny, Saturday morning was cooler and cloudy, rained Saturday afternoon and mid-morning Sunday.

I blew out A/C line at the fitting going to the dryer Friday afternoon, an easy fix for me. No other issues abusing the 6.1 HemiDuster on the autocross (I think 15 passes) and 3S (Start, Steer & Stop, 3 passes, last two in the rain) courses and 3 hot laps down the ¼ mile Friday afternoon. I started drag racing when I was 17. Just a fun T&T guy. I love drag racing, but autocross is a whole different animal. The courses differ from venue to venue and sometimes even day to day. You walk the course to learn it and then you try and drive it as fast as possible. It's typically not high speed, no more than 60MPH, but your are fully engaged for every second you're on the track. I love it! I have a great restomod for it, but I need seat time and a rear swaybar. You can also race autocross in shorts, windows down with a passenger, so it's going to be a helmet for Jan!

I want to thank my wife for joining me in this adventure, Greg for a number of great pictures (I owe you an autocross ride next year) and a great bunch of Mopar ProStreet guys that gave me guidance as I'm a novice at autocross. Peter, George, David, Grant (white 90s Cherokee, who would have thunk it!) and more. Also thanks to Holley and the Beach Bend venue for hosting a great event. It was awesome! Now back to my local STL SCCA for a couple of autocross events before the snow flies to prepare for MoParty 2024!
We had a safe trip, didn't break anything significant and had a lot of fun!

MoParty bound.jpg

Autocross Saturday Duster 1.jpg

Autocross Saturday Duster 2.jpg

Autocross Saturday Duster 4.jpg

Drag strip Friday Duster 1.jpg

Autocross paddock10.jpg

Autocross paddock7.jpg

3S Duster3.jpg

3S Duster2.jpg

-
Back