more about my 72' demon 340GSS

-

Demon340GSS

Own three Mr.Norms Demons
Reaction score
Hi All.
Is Mine the ONLY one made this way!!!!
I am looking for a original NOS headliner for one of my dodge demon's.
will post a few pics of it here for all to see.
I am looking for a perfect or NOS cardboard?? headliner for one of my two 72' Demon 340 GSS cars. ( I have three of these in my collection of mopars)
The one that is original to the car has a scrape on it I did accidentally back in the early 1980's and now I want to replace the whole headliner.
Problem is,... it this Demon Super GSS has the rare factory crank back sunroof and it seems that the ones I find are only for the 1973 and newer sunroof cars, Which used a foam like covered headliner, instead of the black carboard style used in 72'..
My 71' has bows and fabric which is also different. SO...
Anyone here got a line on a new Headliner ???????!!!
I seen a few plastic copies and they do not look correct for me. I dont want to resort to want to using them.
Any help would be appreciated due to the rarety of this car and it's history it demands nos or a perfect clean used one!
Thankyou,
Grant Eaton ( Demon340GSS on Moparts and Ebay also)
719-330-0468

Here is a bit more about the car in question.
It is an original low mileage Mr Norms Super Demon 340 GSS.( unrestored, yet very very clean in and out)
340 paxton supercharged and original 4 speed and original dealer installed hood tach, rear window louvers, 3.91 gears and rare console shifter dealer special order and dealer demo by the fender tag..
I am currently cleaning up it's interior and cleaning the wiring harness for the engine and cleaning the interior to start showing it off and driving it.
I have owned this car for 31 years now!
It also has the factory rear heated back window ( that was supposed to be another 73' year item, even though mine is a 72!) with a control relay and switch next to the map light and speaker control swtch under the dash.
These options are all in the fender tag codes also.
Most of the time these cars where stripped and ordered as bare bones, But this is a special order car and also a dealer demo car and has factory am/fm stereo and factory cassette player mounted on a console under the dash in front of the center console with a microphone. It has white deluxe interior and the rarer (especially for a paxton car) 4 speed trans and console with the hurst shifter and locks on the lid and glovebox.
The car has all of it's paperwork and just turned 74995.6 miles on the odometer! (documented original mileage) Not yet turned over 100.000 !!!!!

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

Grant, Nice to "see" you on FABO again. I don't think I've ever seen your car before. It is truly gorgeous and optioned to the hilt......=P~

Don't be such a stranger here, lot's of great members and cars on board. :cheers:

And speaking of louvers, a set just sold here on FABO a couple of days ago. See what you missed....LOL

Also, Couldn't you use a cardboard headliner from a non sunroof car and cut the opening......just a thought.

My 72 Demon's cardboard headliner is not the best, but I haven't found a source for the full roof/non sunroof cars either. If you know of one, I'm interested....:read2:

The twin of that car was here in Northern IL, at mopars at the park. i dont think it had a sun roof, paxton and some of the other options. did you call legendary?

The twin of that car used to be owned by you , right Grant?

Good to hear from you. Nice car. I've got nothing to offer you on the headliner, but I can offer to take that burden of a car off your hands. Let's even out the GSS cars a bit, I'll take one of yours (even that red and white 72) and then we will each have two! I think that would be a third of what Bill S. has in GSS Demon stock.

Thanks for posting pics of the car, very very nice, so with it being supercharged does it just haul a whole bunch of a$$??? how much boost did they push? anyone know the power output of one?

Hi All.
Yes that car is the one I used to own! and sold it to Bill Sefton back when I had a brain fart and thought i'd sell the automatic one and use the money to help restore my 68 hemi charger rt. ( original)
I kept this second blue GSS car(4 speed and sunroof car, because it was alot more rare and documented) and sold the other B3 blue one on ebay and he bought it from me thru another auto broker.
I admit it was a mistake on my part to sell that one two, But I already had two other GSS demons ( this one and my 1971 gss) and still ended up with three when I found the red and white striped on in skokie, Il.

I still have the original supercharger from the car the Bill Sefton owns now, in my garage (picture attatched)
The headliner may work from a non sunroof car, But I was told that I cant use it because the dome light is in a different spot???
I will try to see if one can be used from a non sunroof 1972 demon or duster.

The horsepower figure I have heard often is that they put out around 450 hp at 7 to 9 pounds of boost.
Mine has been refreshed and puts out 9 psi really easy.
The unit in my garage off of the other GSS that Bill owns now has a smaller pulley and it needs to be rebuilt.
Back in 1982, I took this car to bandimere Speedway in Morrison, Co ( above Denver) and with the 3.91 gears and my wife ( now my now ex wife) driving it she ran a 13.09 @ 104 mph. at the high school drags. She was not used to driving it beacuse it is a 4 speed and she had a speed course on how to drive it only the week before.
She smoked the clutch and still ran the 13.09 and lasted until the second to the last round. It had the "Mr Norms" brand of headers on it and 3.91 gears and street tires 245.60-14's on it with a set of small bolt pattern crager super sport wheels back then, 8's on the back and 6's on the fronts
I put slicks on it that day and they would not let her run it because it had no scattersheild.
So we put the small street tires on it in the pit spot and they let her run.
I was allowed to coach her until the elimintaions started and had to get out.
The best I ever got out of it was 12.76 in the quarter. BUT THATS AT BANDIMERE's HIGH ELEVATION !!!!
Now I plan to take it down the track here outside of Orlando, FL soon and see what it will do again.
Still has it's 3.91s and all But now has a scattersheild back in it and I got a set of 28 in X 15" ET streets on 8" wide wheels I am going to try out.

I do collect alot of mopar stuff and it is one of my interests in life, among others..
I am going to redo the race car demon this winter down here also and run it with a newer combination of 540 cu in and 10-71 blown and switch my gear to a 4.10 and still leave it on the 33x21.50x 15's.
I have been playing with the three step retard and nitrous with retardation as the nitrous hits and the boost is all in,
I am ditching the 1150 dominators and going to computer controlled fuel injection
In an effort to keep it all together.

my Dodge Demon GSS.jpg

Here is a picture for ya.
Two paxton supercharged 340's that are still in the garage today. the one on the stand is the one out of bill's car and the other is the one from the red and white one I own still.
Just for the future you can say...
Oh and I noticed my cat hanging out under the car!
Grant Eaton. 719-330-0468

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

EDIT: I found from a knowledgable poster on Moparts that the Dante headliners are not 100% correct cardboard type material for this sunroof car.

I posted this on moparts, but I guess you haven't check it.

http://www.dantesparts.com/abodymolded.html

Mopar A-Body Molded Headliners - Classic Car & Auto Parts
$225.00-Non-sunroof cars-Covered
$225.00 - Factory Sunroof Cars-Covered
$185.00-Uncovered Headliners

Available for:
73-76 Dodge Dart, 2 dr hdtp
73-76 Plymouth Valiant
72-76 Plymouth Duster
72 Dodge Demon
73-74 Dodge Dart Sport

Direct replacement for the 72-76 style cardboard headliners which are often warped or broken. These reproductions are made in ABS plastic and are covered in a foam backed tier grain vinyl headliner material.

I will check one of them out.
Is there anyone here that has one of these headliners that is in Florida ( central florida prefeered) that I could meet & see and evaluate it, before I purchase one?
It would not have to be a sunroof version like mine,
Maybe on tuesday I could cantact the company and request a sample also.
If it is made of something else and still looks correct when installed it may work!
Thankyou for the suggestion.
Grant Eaton 719-330-0468

-
Back