Moroso Blue 727 pan gasket

-

1969383S

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Who has used these and are they worth the price?

I’ve got one on my 727 in my truck and I was having a problem with it sealing with my cast deep Hughes performance pan because the dipstick was a bit too long and kept it from sealing in the front corner. I pulled it out and grind about 1/8 off and it has leaked a drop.

Jake

I use one on my 727. No leaks and it's reusable. Had my pan on & off 4 times so far. No problems at all. I'd use one again in a heartbeat.

Pat

I went from a MP deep steel pan and the fancy late style gasket that seeped (properly torqued) to a Moroso deep aluminum and their blue gasket (93110). So far, so good.

Going from my MP deep stamp to the MOROSO. It was great for the first 30 years. I tried the extra thick cork and the thick combo. Tired of it with the slow drip after sitting a week. Thought it was the shift shaft seal but have confirmed the pan seal is the culprit!

Thanks for the replies!

66C15A31-19D5-43F6-AFEE-0DCA635776CC.jpeg

B8FF891A-0635-4267-858C-FB8AED4C30FC.jpeg

Gotta love Summit being close by. Ordered around 5pm yesterday and sitting at the house at 11am today. Cheepo Ground ship.

Going from my MP deep stamp to the MOROSO. It was great for the first 30 years. I tried the extra thick cork and the thick combo. Tired of it with the slow drip after sitting a week. Thought it was the shift shaft seal but have confirmed the pan seal is the culprit!

Thanks for the replies!

FWIW, the only thing I didn’t care for were the 3 filter screws they supplied with the adapter. It didn’t seem there was much thread engagement with the VB. I chose to use the screws from the MP pan/adapter - which are longer.

I sealed the motor tight and no expensive VR1 oil dripped in 4.5 years. Used a MOROSO pan and was impressed with the seal and stiffness in the rail. With no mods to the K-Frame. Hope this tranny pan and seal works as well as the oil pan.

FWIW, the only thing I didn’t care for were the 3 filter screws they supplied with the adapter. It didn’t seem there was much thread engagement with the VB. I chose to use the screws from the MP pan/adapter - which are longer.

Look at my pics. They may have listened and corrected. They seem long enough but not sure till installation. I saw that in the reviews. Any reason you did not just stick with the MP extension?

Granted they are Allen head, but not a biggie to me.

Changed the tranny pan today and looking at the deep MP pan and gasket after removal it looks like good even clamp all the way around. The cork/rubber composite gasket does not appear deformed and had good compression. No tranny fluid higher than the rail. Hope this MOROSO solution stops the seepage! The MP pan had not leaked at all in the past until resto. Maybe I tweaked it on tranny jack but it looks like a good seal.

I have always used a very thin wipe of 3M yellow on the pan side of the gasket only. I used nothing with the New pan and blue gasket. Guess time will tell.

Well to my disappointment, I fully checked the trans rail for any gouges and imperfections before installing The Moroso pan and Blue gasket.

Put 6 quarts of Type-F in prior to start-up. It sat about 22 hours and got a drip or two. Damn depressed!

I have never used any type of sealer on the trans side of the gasket so not surprised it was clean and true and had not leaked before 2012. It did not even hang the blue shop towel wiping it down. The seepage is slow so checked some more and no fluid above the rail at all except for the center part line from bell housing face to the center of pan rail. It has some casting flash very near the rail. Put some more torque on the pan bolts in the front. Cranked and warmed and in neutral needed another 1-1/2 quarts to be between the fill line. I expected this and hope a bit more torque corrects it. Guess I will see tomorrow! I hope this is not a case issue!

I know your pain. I'm going through the same issue. but I used a new steel pan with cork/rubber. drip,drip.
same new steel pan sealed with the right stuff the 2nd time. drip.
FWIW, never use the right stuff on a tranny pan. It takes a chisel to remove.
now, new trick flow cast aluminum pan with Moroso gasket and it still drips.
I'm just about ready to buy a new trans from Cope, just to stop the drip. Maybe stop it. LOL

I'm using the Morosp blue gasket with a TCI cast pan on a 727. It doesn't leak at all. I have seepage elsewhere that seems to "wick" along the pan gasket/trans/pan and makes it appear as though the gasket isn't sealing. The gasket is likely not the issue in your setup, the issue lies elsewhere, IMO

-
Back