Motor mounts

-

dropshot1

Reaction score
Can anybody reccomend some good small block motor mounts that wont hurt the wallet too bad, im in canada and i guess its pretty hard or expensive to get some good ones up here, went to the local speed shop and hes had quite a hard time finding some that are better than original, he found one set but told me id be looking at 400.00 to get them . Is that about what i should expect to pay?

Can anybody reccomend some good small block motor mounts that wont hurt the wallet too bad, im in canada and i guess its pretty hard or expensive to get some good ones up here, went to the local speed shop and hes had quite a hard time finding some that are better than original, he found one set but told me id be looking at 400.00 to get them . Is that about what i should expect to pay?
$400!!! Sounds like he's trying to take advantage of you or out right scam you. There's no way it should cost that much even if he has to import them himself.
:bs_flag:

Magnum force sells interlocked rubber ones, sort of a safety feature than anything. Are you looking for the rubber insulators or the structutal mounts themselves. I bet 20 of us have a pair in th garage.rockauto has them for 6 bucks a piece but they are made of compressed Indian cow dung.

I run the $20 ones and have a chain on the driver's side that is snug. No vibration and no broken mounts.

If they are for the 67-72 K-member just get the moroso solid mounts and don't look back. If you have the junky 73 and newer K-member then I use the Schumacher mounts. I should have followed my gut and got rid of my 73 K-member.

solid drivers side mount, and $6 indian cow dung on the passenger side..

for $400 I bet he's trying to sell you some marked up poly-locs or mity mounts

Careful on that 1 solid mount setup. The motor torques over and the one solid takes all the stress and may start to Crack the K member or the block ears. Just an observation. 6 buck cow dung...giggle

you can also just run a bolt through the cow dung

$400 is absolutely absurd!!!! If it is the 1967 - 1972 "A" Body 8 cyl. Motor Mounts -- I have the Westar Mounts out of Texas -- for
$ 24 for the pair --- nice quality, nice price --- hold up nicely......
If you can call the U.S.A. for free --- you are welcome to call me -- Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935 ... Long Island, New York.....
I ship up into Canada all the time, eh? (That eh? was for you!!!!)

Not sure........ Might be talking about motor mount brackets. Seen these cost $200(with poly locks $300), but can be found for cheaper. I know stuff costs more in Canada but not 100% more.

actually I did ask him to find me something like poly locs, and I did find them on mancinis web site for 200.oo , add my exchange and duty I guess I'm around or over 300.oo. eh! lol but it seems like you guys have some other suggestions so thanks very much for the info!

If they are for the 67-72 K-member just get the moroso solid mounts and don't look back. If you have the junky 73 and newer K-member then I use the Schumacher mounts. I should have followed my gut and got rid of my 73 K-member.

Why this?

Why this?

Because it's almost impossible to get a solid engine mount for the 73 and later K members. I detest the way the mount bolts to the frame.

Most thought it was done to stop failed mounts from braking the shroud. They did it because it was cheaper. Not better.

Because it's almost impossible to get a solid engine mount for the 73 and later K members. I detest the way the mount bolts to the frame.

Most thought it was done to stop failed mounts from braking the shroud. They did it because it was cheaper. Not better.

What kind of HP are you expecting? The OP's build "might be different." There is no way I want solid mounts in my car, and I assume you mean "solid" as in "no rubber."

What kind of HP are you expecting? The OP's build "might be different." There is no way I want solid mounts in my car, and I assume you mean "solid" as in "no rubber."

Yes, solid. You'd be surprised how much better even a stocker will drive with solid engine mounts.

I make 375-380

-
Back