[Found!] Motor mounts

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought these to put a 360 in a 65 Valiant years ago and never used them 50+ shipping I have them on ebay right now for 75 buy it now

IMG_3689.JPG

IMG_3691.JPG

Is that what they call the spool mount? My k frame pads are flat what else would I need?

Those are not spool mounts and will not work with a 65 Dart K Frame

I have the Schumacher mounts and they are a great deal considering time and effort to make your own. Plus you get the later style isolator which is easier to replace.

What I was going to do with them is just put 64-66 273 rubber mounts on the brackets

Hey If you want to was money go ahead but I am telling you they will not work. The steel mounts pictured above will sit your motor to low and the early rubber isolators will not bolt to them directly. The steel mounts you need are taller then the ones pictured. If you can not find a used set I would spend the money and buy the Schumacher. Those pictured are for an E Body. Below is my 65 Valiant with a 372 Stoker motor and chassie Headers, trust me I know what will work and what wont work. You need the correct motor mounts.

I will double check to see if I have set.

65 val 3.jpg

65 val.jpg

Hey If you want to was money go ahead but I am telling you they will not work. The steel mounts pictured above will sit your motor to low and the early rubber isolators will not bolt to them directly. The steel mounts you need are taller then the ones pictured. If you can not find a used set I would spend the money and buy the Schumacher. Those pictured are for an E Body. Below is my 65 Valiant with a 372 Stoker motor and chassie Headers, trust me I know what will work and what wont work. You need the correct motor mounts.

I will double check to see if I have set.

View attachment 1715139368

View attachment 1715139369
OK,never used them so don't know that.just bought them and was told they would work.

Now I'm told these won't work so you can't use them ,sorry
Thanks for the effort. I have some brackets but they must be /6 brackets. I found the thread about modifying the driver side but the set I have I would have to modify the passenger side. I'll post a picture when I have a chance and maybe someone can identify.
And thanks to blewbyu for the info.

I have a book that has the plans and diagrams for modifying the 273 mounts to work on a 340/360 .I also have a couple sets of 273 brackets.I will dig out the plans after dinner and photo it then post it here for you. From what I remember it's a fairly easy alteration to do.

Here is the info to alter a 273 mount .I can photo the text if you need it but it's pretty straight forward just from the diagram

IMG_3834.JPG

Here is a picture of the V8 mounts correct for a 63-66 car. These are not yet modified, but will be soon....as soon as valiantwagonguy posts those pics!! :)

Edit...thank you valiantwagonguy, that is a much needed diagram for us early A body guy's!!

IMG_4179.JPG

These are 64-66 A body 273 V8 mounts and mount brackets.I'm not sure which one is l or R but these are the ones you need and you only alter one of them as described in the plans.If you need these brackets I have some and it will be the same deal as that other piece of crap E body ? mount I thought was going to work.I get not wanting to drop a buck and a half for brackets .That's why I have this book and if I would have kept the project I would have found out that I had to alter my 273 brackets the hard way by using those other ones first.See,the easy way usually bites you in the ***.

IMG_3842.JPG

These are 64-66 A body 273 V8 mounts and mount brackets.I'm not sure which one is l or R but these are the ones you need and you only alter one of them as described in the plans.If you need these brackets I have some and it will be the same deal as that other piece of crap E body ? mount I thought was going to work.I get not wanting to drop a buck and a half for brackets .That's why I have this book and if I would have kept the project I would have found out that I had to alter my 273 brackets the hard way by using those other ones first.See,the easy way usually bites you in the ***.

It appears I already have the proper mounts. The pics and MOD info greatly appreciated!

View attachment 1715139545

The one in the front of your picture is the driver side, and is the one that needs to be modified per your diagram!

The one in the front of your picture is the driver side, and is the one that needs to be modified per your diagram!
Are you sure it's the driver side? It says modify the left, which is the passenger side. That's been part of my dilemma, the thread I found also says driver side. But when I try to install it's the passenger side that needs modifying. That's why I thought I had the wrong ones.

Or am I confused on right and left? I always thought r & l was looking from the front of the motor??

Are you sure it's the driver side? It says modify the left, which is the passenger side. That's been part of my dilemma, the thread I found also says driver side. But when I try to install it's the passenger side that needs modifying. That's why I thought I had the wrong ones.

Positive! I just looked at my 66, and it makes sense that the drivers side needs modification, as that is the oddball side on the 340/360. Not to mention that the drivers side of the car is considered the left side! Think of a European car, which are called "right hand drive"!

I'll quit trying to rethink this til I get to the shop tomorrow and can mock it up. Thanks again. I'll let you know how I make out.

I'll quit trying to rethink this til I get to the shop tomorrow and can mock it up. Thanks again. I'll let you know how I make out.

Looking forward to seeing your successful endeavor. I'll be doing the same swap soon...340/904 in place of my Commando 273

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back