Mounting remote Oil Filter

-

moparspares

Reaction score
This is where i'm thinking about mounting my remote filter. I am not overly happy about location but there is very few places to put it. Ideas on some mounting spots on an A body.

WARD5090.JPG

I would at least put it at an angle if not pointing straight down, that way you just put a bag over it and screw it off making it mess free.

Here is one version of that side entry remote mount shown above; we used one to keep the filter vertical. When you put the plugs into the unused side entry ports, use some Permatex #1 or some hard sealer. Canton also has a billet aluminum version of the same side entry mount.
We put ours up on the frame rail behind the radiator and ran the hoses straight forward between the block and the headers, using a Canton filter mount. The filter access is quick and easy and clean.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/prm-1791/overview/

DSCN1908.JPG

DSCN1915.JPG

DSCN1914.JPG

I would put it #1 straight up so you can remove the filter without spilling the oil (as mentioned already)
and #2 find a spot where you can get some airflow running across it to cool it
I want to say ive seen one on the K member BUT that one was mounted horizontally

on a side note...what is with that huge AN line running into the valve cover?

I would put it #1 straight up so you can remove the filter without spilling the oil (as mentioned already)
and #2 find a spot where you can get some airflow running across it to cool it
I want to say ive seen one on the K member BUT that one was mounted horizontally

on a side note...what is with that huge AN line running into the valve cover?

Breathers on both sides that route into the catch can

I see that now
seems a bit overkill no ?

Yeah probably, but I just want to keep my engine clean and I hate those dicky looking breathers sitting atop the rocker covers. At least I only have one on the catch can. 4 holes to fill on a Magnum rocker cover incl filler cap.

Works for me
Some things are better over engineered then under

Yeah I like your housing. I could do the same with mine with a couple 90 degree fittings
One thing to consider: You may be better off to buy a new filter mount. The 90 degree fittings will add some restriction in the lines that the side-in mounts will not have. The actual flow area of the 90 degree turn inside the side-in mount is a LOT bigger than the flow area inside of your average 90 degree fitting. The cast side-in mounts only cost $30 or so.

-
Back