Mr. Norm Tribute

-
This is not a 1 of 1 or home built.A company (I can not remember the name) along with Mr Norms OK built a handfull of these a few years back.

I only bothered to put it up because I thought it was a very nice car, really wasn't expecting the beating it took from so many. Oh well, live and learn, won't waste my time to do that again. #-o
Nah, go ahead and waste your time putting up pictures of great looking cars. I think the car looks great, but that is MHO, and is worth exactly what you think it is. Like was mentioned before, everyone has their own taste. I agree that monsterous oversized wheels look worse than 12" wire wheels on cars. That is why I don't build mine that way. To each his/her own. Good pix, thanks for sharing...

j

gotta roll with the other old guys - hate the wheels. classic cars weren't meant for those. my personal alltime favorite was the keystone klassic.

Be a lot prettier with a set of Cragars on it . Sorry Im old :pale:

I was always more of an American Mags "Torque Thrust D kinda guy.

Don't get me wrong, I love Cragers,:thumbup: but they always said "Chevy" to me. Where as the Torque Thrust D's said MoPar to me. I suppose that goes back to the old Golden Commandos race team days.

golden-commandos.jpg

Sorry, I'm old, too. lol

I only bothered to put it up because I thought it was a very nice car, really wasn't expecting the beating it took from so many. Oh well, live and learn, won't waste my time to do that again. #-o

Dont ever think like that. Those pictures are truely apreciated.We thank you.
Anybody who knocks it truely has no idea of the significance of this car.
This car is like a Shelby,or a Yenko,ect,ect. Its worth every penny.
Like I said. If it stays close to this condition, it will double or triple. Mark my words. Its a Mr.Norms car....Enough said. .02

Thanks again for sharring.

:thumbup:

Attachments

• Mr Norms 002.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Mr Norms 003.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Mr Norms 004.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 141
Nah, go ahead and waste your time putting up pictures of great looking cars. I think the car looks great, but that is MHO, and is worth exactly what you think it is. Like was mentioned before, everyone has their own taste. I agree that monsterous oversized wheels look worse than 12" wire wheels on cars. That is why I don't build mine that way. To each his/her own. Good pix, thanks for sharing...

j

Dont ever think like that. Those pictures are truely apreciated.We thank you.
Anybody who knocks it truely has no idea of the significance of this car.
This car is like a Shelby,or a Yenko,ect,ect. Its worth every penny.
Like I said. If it stays close to this condition, it will double or triple. Mark my words. Its a Mr.Norms car....Enough said. .02

Thanks again for sharring.

I like it. And looks well done.

Thanks guys, the way it was getting beat on I thought maybe I screwed up and posted on a Camaro forum? :munky2:

As far as wheels go, that's probably the most individual taste feature any car can have so no matter what you put on it, someone will piss on it. I'm old, or at least old enough, vintage 58 and I like bigger wheels, not stupid big but 17's and 18's are fine with me. Also when you put big disc brakes on an old car they generally don't fit under 14's. There's nothing wrong with being able to stop a car in a hurry especially one that can get fast in a hurry.

I like it. And the guys talkin about not likin the wheels cause they are "old" need to get their history right. Hurst wheels have been used on everything from the GTO to the Rambler and lots of cool stuff in between. They are some of the coolest muscle car era wheels ever made. Although the ones on that car are a large diameter, the look is still there. It's cool.

I like it. And the guys talkin about not likin the wheels cause they are "old" need to get their history right. Hurst wheels have been used on everything from the GTO to the Rambler and lots of cool stuff in between. They are some of the coolest muscle car era wheels ever made. Although the ones on that car are a large diameter, the look is still there. It's cool.

...and for what it's worth the pictures Johny Dart was nice enough to put up from the Mopar magazine article shows the tribute car with big wheels, that's pretty much the way of the restomod, like it or not :mrgreen:

You know what, I think I have my history right.

Attachments

• mopp_0806_02_z+1968_dodge_hemi_dart+.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 134
I think the owner misrepresented who did the paint job or they fixed a panel on it "cause that's the real McCoy".
They only made so many a year for a few years and sold for bank, you had choices like old school steel block hemi or aluminum hemi etc look up the article.
Maybe the owner didnt want you to think he "Just ordered it"
Hard to take credit from Mr Norm and get away with it.
nice color!

You know what, I think I have my history right.

I believe he just said they were old and used on many cars of that era and earlier, nothing more, nothing less.

I think the owner misrepresented who did the paint job or they fixed a panel on it "cause that's the real McCoy".
They only made so many a year for a few years and sold for bank, you had choices like old school steel block hemi or aluminum hemi etc look up the article.
Maybe the owner didnt want you to think he "Just ordered it"
Hard to take credit from Mr Norm and get away with it.
nice color!

The owner didn't tell me anything let alone misrepresent, I asked my paint jobber who painted it because the paint is excellent (a few months ago when I saw it at a trade show, I mentioned this earlier) and he said a local place that I know of. One of our A-body members here knows a lot more about the car, I'll ask him when I have a chance. He was at the show and said for the money the guy spent he could have bought a real one but I don't know if he meant a real tribute car or a real original?

I sure didn't intend to start a pissing contest, figured most people would just say, wow nice car. I'm pretty sure he isn't on this forum and that's just as well #-o

I believe he just said they were old and used on many cars of that era and earlier, nothing more, nothing less.

Exactly what I meant.

Well Mr Norm was at the Belvidere happening, and had a GSS dart there, looks similar to the one in the OP.

Attachments

• 004.1.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 121
-
Back