Mr. Norm's tri power air cleaner, and Paxton set up for sale-E-BAY

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that thing brought good money.
Every Mr. Norms air cleaners I have ever seen have been orange.
I have the top and base to one hanging on my garage wall that has never been painted.

1002274a.jpg

Thats cool. Are you thinking about selling it after seeing what it brought on ebay? Does anyone make a filter for it anymore?

I'd like to get that for mine but I think that was a case of two people who badly wanted that piece.
The supercharger is more than I paid for my NOS GSS supercharger too.

That didn't do too bad. I seen one guy trying to sell one for $1200 on eBay a few years ago.

I had mine restored by THEE powdercoating princess and it turned out super. Just think how much more it could be worth after restoration.

Attachments

• After powdercoated 1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,130
i agree j. i have one original, and one i restored. both signed by the man himself. half tempted to sell one.
thats awesome. i ve never seen an orange one. that one sure looks original to me. pretty cool. just goes to show you that u learn something new every day.
the supercharger looks pretty rough. i see they lowered the buy it now price down to 2500.00. that s still more than i paid for mine and its n.o.s. also.
i have a buddy who has a mr. norms six pack set up on his cuda. he bought an 80 something ram with a 318 in it. he popped the hood and there was the whole schi-bang.

Thats cool. Are you thinking about selling it after seeing what it brought on ebay? Does anyone make a filter for it anymore?

No mine is not for sale, I know what they are worth.
The air filter that was with mine was orange on the sealing surfaces like the old fram filters used to be.

i agree j. i have one original, and one i restored. both signed by the man himself. half tempted to sell one.
thats awesome. i ve never seen an orange one. that one sure looks original to me. pretty cool. just goes to show you that u learn something new every day.
the supercharger looks pretty rough. i see they lowered the buy it now price down to 2500.00. that s still more than i paid for mine and its n.o.s. also.
i have a buddy who has a mr. norms six pack set up on his cuda. he bought an 80 something ram with a 318 in it. he popped the hood and there was the whole schi-bang.

I used to have an old hot rod or popular hotrodding from the 80's.
They had an article on Mr. Norms and one of the pictures was orange air cleaner on one of his cars. There was even a mention of the aircleaner in the article.

I have one too.I'm seriously thinking of selling it as I know I'll never use it.Looks like the one in the Ebay sale.

well if any of you guys wants to sell one now... i d do it. cause there is another bidder out there thats probably a little pissed he didn t get the last one, but was willing to bid it all the way to 620.00. go get em fellas.

I used to have an old hot rod or popular hotrodding from the 80's.
They had an article on Mr. Norms and one of the pictures was orange air cleaner on one of his cars. There was even a mention of the aircleaner in the article.

If you still have the article, or remember the month/year/title I'd like to know so I can look for it.

As for the orange air cleaner, it looks original to me but I have never seen one of a GSS (I've only seen less than ten ORIGINAL 71 GSS cars though).
I have two of the air cleaners that are natural and two that are black wrinkle finished. Segal made them and they were after market pieces so I imagine they came in a few different colors. They were made for Corvettes.

good info gts340.. i d like to know more about the orange ones myself.

I kept it copy of the magazine for a long time.
I had it and a bunch of magazines stored in a closet that I did not use.
Well the upstairs drain on the bath tub leaked slowly over a period time before I noticed it and ruined all of the magazines.

The car was on the cover with the hood up, it was a blue demon / duster with a black top if I remember correctly.
It was in Popular hotrodding, Car Craft or Hot Rod. I just cannot remember which one.

Here's an article I got out of a Jan. 1971 issue Super Stock Magazine of Mr.Norms. Thought maybe you guys would enjoy. Hope they come out OK,I had to scan and resize them.

Attachments

• IMG-1-1.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_0001-2-1.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 840
  • IMG_0002-1.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 850
  • IMG_0003-1.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 841
  • IMG_0005-1.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 831
awesome. i was thinking about that article the other day. i started digging around for it and found something else that caught my attention. wonder what color that car was in the article. kinda struck me as plum crazy, or maybe a green metallic. built a model car clone of that car once. made it plum crazy. makes you wonder where all these things are now. wonder how many GSS cars we ve seen and never known it. i still look for the butcher hole on the core support on every 72 demon i see. OCD i guess

ok. WHO DID IT? somebody has another one on e-bay now. is it one of us?? i hope so. hope they get at least 620.00 like the last one. this one s quite a bit nicer.

ok. WHO DID IT? somebody has another one on e-bay now. is it one of us?? i hope so. hope they get at least 620.00 like the last one. this one s quite a bit nicer.

Just a thought here, but do you want people thinking there's an abundance of these air cleaners out there if they all flood the market at once? If that second one listed was mine, I'd hold off a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back