MSD capacitor box replacement...

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
The alternator died, on my 5.9 Magnum swap.... I jumped it, with the family truckster... It ran weakly, without the multiple spark under 3000... The box is still good, with the correct voltage, of course... I have had a couple of digital HI -6 boxes, wasn't really impressed.... I was looking at the designed hei conversion plate, for the GM 4 pin HEI setup... Any opine , would be considered welcome.. (Anything with multi spark , or added dwell stretch ..I would love to know about...).......

The 4 pin HEI modules are older tech, not multi spark and susceptible to low voltage death, and no rev limiting.
The 8 pin HEI modules are a lot better tech, but no multi spark and no rev limiting.
The FBO box is really only specifically for stock wiring (unless you wired it like the stock system was.) and has rev limiting.
The Rev-N-ator, but it also uses the OEM type wiring and connector and no multi spark, but has rev limiting.

The Pertronics Second strike carries a second spark throughout the RPM range like no other box, has rev limiting and CAO (crank angle offset) meaning you can adjust when that second spark happens depending on crank degrees.
Second Strike

I've always been a fan of the Accel 300+ / 375+ ignition boxes, they take a beating. I don't think they make the 300+ anymore though, last time I looked online I didn't see it on Summit or Jegs.

I have the 300+ in my truck, and it has survived multiple 18+ Volt Spikes during regulator failures, survived low voltage situations, etc.

My Duster has a 375+.

The 300 (and 375) have adjustable rev limiters, etc built right into the box.

The 375 has Boost Proportional Timing Retard, Cranking Timing Retard, 2 Step, etc, plus a Digital Readout for RPM, Vacuum, Boost, etc.

-
Back