Msd E Curve Ignition - Clearance Issues

-

sydcuda

Reaction score
I bought an MSD E Curve Pro Billet small block distributor last year, thinking it'd be tailor made for an A body (since most small blocks can be found in A bodies). I trial fitted the engine in my 68 cuda last weekend and to my dismay found that the distributor cap is far too close to the wiper motor/firewall to enable leads to be connected. Just wondering what my options might be. Perhaps a smaller cap if available? Anyone had this problem and managed to overcome it?

08112008100WEB.jpg

First of all, put the steering column and brake master & booster back where they belong. ;)

I am not 100% sure but I think you may have an option with another cap. You may want to check MSD's website and if that fails, email their tech support.

I have an E-Curve on my 71 Dart and all I did was notch the top part of the cap. The part that holds the plug wires on.
I have yet to find anything that fits right on an A-Body without some type of modifications.

ya i used that distributor also...used it with the msd street fire wires i think they are called...i managed to use it ...barely...i had to cut the top nib off 1 wire that fits just under the wiper stud at the bottom right...to install dist cap, (or remove) i have to remove # 5 and 6 wire from the cap...i also put in solid mounts so hopefully when we hammer it the cap wont get smashed on the wiper motor by the torque of the motor...not too happy...

on my msd dist i'm running the cap adapt i think is what they call it. it converts it to a ford style cap. its still tight back there but i have no problems getting the wires on it.

-
Back