Muffler for 1969 Valiant

-

1969_Valiant

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My corroded muffler dropped out on me last week and I'm looking for an inexpensive(less than $50) replacement that will bolt right up to the factory exhaust. It's an all original, 225 slant six setup. Any recommendations? Thanks for your help.

Find out the dimensions and match up a Dynomax super turbo.

we installed dual 2" super turbos on our 65 Dart wagon with a slant.

Find out the inlet and outlet diameters and if they are in the center or offset. Then go to their web site and find one to match. They are reverseable so you can find one with a center inlet/side outlet and reverse it to match your original muffler installation and they will work fine either way...

Thanks for the reply. Inlet is 1.5", outlet is 1.75". Dynomax didn't have anything that matches. Smallest was 2" I think. I checked around and nothing will just mate up to my current setup. There has to be a little bit of modification in making this happen, so I guess I'm going to take it somewhere and have it done. Thanks again. I appreciate your time.

i run a glass pack on my 67 with the slant in it. to get itto fit you just need the proper adapters and clamps. looks good takes up less room and sounds good as well.

Thanks for the reply. Inlet is 1.5", outlet is 1.75". Dynomax didn't have anything that matches. Smallest was 2" I think. I checked around and nothing will just mate up to my current setup. There has to be a little bit of modification in making this happen, so I guess I'm going to take it somewhere and have it done. Thanks again. I appreciate your time.

What about adapters/reducers???

-
Back