Mufflers with bypass (?)

-

bighammer

Reaction score
A buddy of mine told me about a set of mufflers that he used to have, and I was curious if anyone here has ever seen or heard of them. They are turbo style and, under heavy acceleration, there is some sort of bypass that allows straight thru exhaust path. I never heard them, but he said they sounded good when cruising, and great when you mash the pedal.

I'm looking into exhaust / muffler options, just thought I would inquire about these.

Manual bypass? More than likely it is the Dynomax VT's he had.

Attachments

• offsetoffsetdaveDSCN0061.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 231
Very possibly those were the ones, thanks. Any opinions on how they sound?

Tom, what are the mufflers in your avatar? I recall months ago you were working on a muffler concept...

These are cool. Looked at a few reviews, make sure you get new ones not old stock as the old ones didnt dampen the flappers, clicked like a diesel at idle . New revision corrected that.

Very possibly those were the ones, thanks. Any opinions on how they sound?

have a buddy that went from a regular dynomax super turbo on his challenger that droned like a ***** to the dynomax VT. he says the drone is gone and i heard the car the other day for the first time with the vt's on. quiet but decent tone while idling and low rpm.. car sounded great in my opinion. when ya really get into it they get loud like the regular dynomax. wish i got a video..

Ever see what a butterfly valve does over time in an exhaust?

Answer, they stick open or shut. I'd avoid moving parts in an exhaust system as I've replaced many of them that have failed.

-
Back