Mustang 2 front end

-

Dustertuck

Reaction score
E7BF94E5-A109-4A5B-9AC6-08C1C2038583.jpeg
I got a 73 duster that I want front steer on and the kits are nice but 3700$ is just pretty expensive. Has any one done mustang 2 front end on one. Thanks

Spend the money to do it right with a Hemi Denny or RMS conversion or don’t do it.

The only real advantage is the rack and pinion steering. Header clearance is better but if you have to pull the headers often enough to make it worthwhile you’re doing something wrong. Beyond that the torsion bar suspension can be made to handle just as well. Coil overs are just springs and shocks, nothing magic about them. For the price of a front coil over conversion you can replace and upgrade all of your suspension and have a car that handles at least as well, if not better.

can you even find a donor mustang 2 in 2017??

I remember when I was way younger hearing of those being popular among street rodders of the 80s and back but that was when those mustang 2 were in salvage yards and readily available.

now a day most of those cars and the street rodders they were popular among are all dead or too old to hot rod anymore.

I remember when I was way younger hearing of those being popular among street rodders of the 80s and back but that was when those mustang 2 were in salvage yards and readily available.

now a day most of those cars and the street rodders they were popular among are all dead or too old to hot rod anymore.

Hey now......I put one in a 53 International pick up not too many years back. I'm not that old.........and certainly not dead, as far as I know!

:)

Not junk yard. Fat man fabricated mustang 2 of coarse

Spend the money to do it right with a Hemi Denny or RMS conversion or don’t do it.

The only real advantage is the rack and pinion steering. Header clearance is better but if you have to pull the headers often enough to make it worthwhile you’re doing something wrong. Beyond that the torsion bar suspension can be made to handle just as well. Coil overs are just springs and shocks, nothing magic about them. For the price of a front coil over conversion you can replace and upgrade all of your suspension and have a car that handles at least as well, if not better.
What would be wrong about a fabricated aftermarket mustang 2 stile suspension. People run them everyday and in Drag or street application

I see disk brakes under the OP's car.

my question is ...what is wrong with that? most people here on fabo are looking for donor 73 + cars to upgrade to what the OP already has

What would be wrong about a fabricated aftermarket mustang 2 stile suspension. People run them everyday and in Drag or street application

Not junk yard. Fat man fabricated mustang 2 of coarse

And any savings you have compared to the kits you’ll lose in fabrication time. Not to mention the kits have all of their geometry set up correctly already, you can only make it as good or worse. No thanks.

What’s wrong with them? Nothing per say. It’s just a lot of money for no real gain. So, why?

Basically the rear steer has to go in this build.

Why? That would be a useful bit of information to share if you’re asking for recommendations.

I see disk brakes under the OP's car.

my question is ...what is wrong with that? most people here on fabo are looking for donor 73 + cars to upgrade to what the OP already has
Good to know I can sale this to off set some cost

Well as bad as this has already seemed to get about putting a m2 front end under a abody question. It’s about to get worse to ya. This is a 1500 hp turbo lsx build rear sump pan only.

Look at Chris Alston Chassisworks crossmembers if you're inclined to do the grafting onto the chassis. They can be ordered in different track widths and crossmember heights with the accommodating rack.

Last edited:
Well as bad as this has already seemed to get about putting a m2 front end under a abody question. It’s about to get worse to ya. This is a 1500 hp turbo lsx build rear sump pan only.

Well that would have been great info to share first.

If you’re building a 1,500 hp car that’s going to be good at
anything then you’re building a full chassis car anyway. So, put whatever suspension on it you want. An MII crossmember is the absolute least of your fabrication concerns.

And, if you’re building a 1,500 hp engine to put into a unibody and aren’t building a full tubular chassis for it I’m not sure what else to tell you. You need to be building a full chassis car.

The Mustang II front suspension is light, strong and VERY popular. All reasons to use it. And you don't have to find a Mustang II donor anywhere. Plenty of companies make the universal Mustang II suspension. Check Speedway Motors.

I love when people talk outta their ***. Why the HELL do you think there are so many Mustang II suspensions under street cars, race cars and hot rods? Because they WORK. There's nothin wrong with using stuff that WORKS, no matter where its origins come from.

Nothin is wrong with it. You've run into the Mopar or nuthin crowd, who are blinded by stupid loyalty to a company that left them in the dust decades ago and don't know how to see anything else.

This is just one of MANY examples. 1000 bucks for ALL of this? Stupidity is the only reason I can figure why there aren't more under Mopars.

Mustang II IFS, Stock Control Arms, Springs, and Shocks, Dropped Spindles

Hey now......I put one in a 53 International pick up not too many years back. I'm not that old.........and certainly not dead, as far as I know!

:)
For sure, not that old.....still going, still building, and lovin' it at 66.....Just got a little smarter on how we do it. Good years.

Look at Chris Alston Chassisworks crossmembers if you're inclined to do the grafting onto the chassis. They can be ordered in different track widths and crossmember heights with the accommodating rack.
Thankyou I’ll look them up

Well that would have been great info to share first.

If you’re building a 1,500 hp car that’s going to be good at
anything then you’re building a full chassis car anyway. So, put whatever suspension on it you want. An MII crossmember is the absolute least of your fabrication concerns.

And, if you’re building a 1,500 hp engine to put into a unibody and aren’t building a full tubular chassis for it I’m not sure what else to tell you. You need to be building a full chassis car.
Plenty of non full chassis cars we run at Sgmp yearly (house of the flying cars) every year and get down the track safe and strait. Why do I have to explain my whole build to you sir just the main question was what I was looking for input on not some smart azz thankyou and have a great know it all bully life I’m sure your loved to your face.

The Mustang II front suspension is light, strong and VERY popular. All reasons to use it. And you don't have to find a Mustang II donor anywhere. Plenty of companies make the universal Mustang II suspension. Check Speedway Motors.

I love when people talk outta their ***. Why the HELL do you think there are so many Mustang II suspensions under street cars, race cars and hot rods? Because they WORK. There's nothin wrong with using stuff that WORKS, no matter where its origins come from.
I’ll give speedway a call next week thanks

Thanks to the one that show input into it I’ll post up some pictures through the year of the build. Looks like I might be the first to publicly do this. if i don’t get kicked off first

Thanks to the one that show input into it I’ll post up some pictures through the year of the build. Looks like I might be the first to publicly do this. if i don’t get kicked off first[/QUO. * (One’s) that show input

Plenty of non full chassis cars we run at Sgmp yearly (house of the flying cars) every year and get down the track safe and strait. Why do I have to explain my whole build to you sir just the main question was what I was looking for input on not some smart azz thankyou and have a great know it all bully life I’m sure your loved to your face.

He can come off like that.......as we all can from time to time, but don't discount him. He is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and willing to share information and help. That's something you don't want to alienate. We all have different opinions and sometimes they do conflict.

Where in Georgia are you, btw?

Thanks to the one that show input into it I’ll post up some pictures through the year of the build. Looks like I might be the first to publicly do this. if i don’t get kicked off first

Please do. I would like to see it. Might be another good alternative. Who knows?

-
Back