My 340 in my 66 developed issues :-(

-
image.jpg
This picture is for Treblig to see if I can use the manifold he has with my oil filter being there. It's right under nbr 8 cylinder..

You asked for pics of the 340 120 degree down pipe and pics of them installed on my 1969 Barracuda.:

Treblig
DSC03458.JPG
DSC03459.JPG
DSC03465.JPG

Ok guys, I am happy to say I went with manifolds and have Treblig working on it. Now I get to keep my colum shifter and not cut fender wells or tunnels.. That makes me happy!!

Now that I have the exhaust taken care of, I've moved on to looking at different stalls. Tci offers a 2500 stall P/N - 141200 that I'm thinking into. How do you guys feel about tic products?

You might get some better responses if you told everyone what type of stall you're currently running...for comparison.

Treblig

Right now I there is no stall, its stock.
I have that purple cam with the .484 lift that was discussed earlier. 355 gears in the back w/ a sure grip, 727 trans

The TCI P/N 141200 really seems to fit the bill for me. Direct connection told me that cam would be best with a 3000 stall but would also work with a 2500. I need the drivability..

Right now I there is no stall, its stock.
I have that purple cam with the .484 lift that was discussed earlier. 355 gears in the back w/ a sure grip, 727 trans

The TCI P/N 141200 really seems to fit the bill for me. Direct connection told me that cam would be best with a 3000 stall but would also work with a 2500. I need the drivability..

Do yourself a favor and do not buy an off the shelf converter. This has been discussed many times. You really need to call a custom converter maker and give them all the honest details about your engine and car and they will build your perfect combo that is streetable until you hit the gas ;)

Here are few examples of companies:

Dynamic
PTC
Turbo Action

As I have made incremental upgrades to my combo I have gone through a few different converters. I've had B&M, TCI and now I have an Turbo Action. They we're all "of the shelf" converters. I went with the one's closest matching my current combo. The one I am most pleased with is the current Turbo Action. If I could afford it I would have had a custom made each time. But it's expensive (really expensive here in Sweden) and since I like to change things around I have been able to upgrade and sell etc.

Yeah guys, I hear ya! Things just got real expensive...my machine shop guy broke the news to me that my springs are **** and the guides are slapped out, valves are worn and I need new ones...yeah, just got expensive..
I ordered the TCI 141200, at very least it's a step up from what I have and I'm not going to Indy..lol

havent heard much good about tci lately, with that cam i used hughes 3000, inretrospect i shoulda went custom, it did the job though

havent heard much good about tci lately, with that cam i used hughes 3000, inretrospect i shoulda went custom, it did the job though

I know... The sky is the limit with these things. I can't get everything I want but I can put my toe in the water..lol

Now you may want to consider a set of aluminum heads? Compare the cost of the two.

I looked, but their up there too. I like my heads (J heads) and I know my guy will do them perfect. It's a quick car but I have to balance practicality with everything.

Your J heads will be fine. There is no real cost vs benefit of buying aluminium heads and using exhaust manifolds.

image.jpg
I scored some cool valve covers today out of the bay.. Anything bad about these covers I should know of?

Machine shop touched base with me yesterday and said my heads should be done Monday or Tuesday.. Hardened exhaust seats, new springs, new guides, new stainless Manley valves..

My new exhaust manifold/down pipes from Treblig..

Very excited about this project and very thankful to all of you for your support!

How do you guys feel about .060 over? Right now it's .040 but I discovered
Something I don't like and am pulling the lwr end apart tonight. I noticed for one, that the right and left banks have different Pistons installed. And also, there is quite a lot of wear at tdc in the cylinders. I would just feel better doing the whole engine rather then putting a fresh top end on a mystery lower end..
I just am unsure about the .060 over part!

Have the block sonic tested, especially on the thrust side and see if there is enough meat there to go .060.

Many years ago people would use cast rings cause they were cheap and they seat really well. The down side is they wear on the cylinders really fast.

Glad I took it down... Found Nbr 6 & 8 Pistons both to have compression rings broken.

Also found a couple of bearings not looking so great either!
And to think I was so close to only freshening up the top end! I would've been putting together a grenade!!

Last edited:
-
Back