MP 4.0" cast Crank
SIR Rods
Edelbrock RPM Magnum (out of the Box)
M1 Mopar Single Plain
Edelbrock HV Mechanical Fuel Pump
Holley 750 DP HP
Harland Sharp Rollers Standard magnum ratio

Will be going in a Duster with 727 and 8 3/4 3.91 gears

Need advice on Cam, Springs,lifters and Convertor. Have already contacted Comp for Hydraulic Roller and the suggested Custom Grind

.536 Intake 224 Duration
.544 Exhaust 230 Duration
110.0 Lobe seperation

Dont want anything to wild but a good streeter that I can take to track now and again. Would like it to run somewhere in the 11's though.
Also is there anything I myself can do to the heads before putting them on.

What do you think. Any advice greatly appreciated.

I don't think the harlands will clear the retainers on the eddy heads.
I ended up with the ones from comp.

If you need help with a cam in a hurry call Brian at IMM or Mike at MRL Performance depending where you are in the states or out of haha

magnum block..just use oem hydraulic rollers..

Was told before I bought the Harlands that they would work with the Eddys. Have seen on other forums guys that are using this Combo. Have they done any mods to make them work?.

Will the camshaft have provision for mechanical fuel pump i'm thinking not, may have to use electric fuel pump.

Running 416 LA in mine with Crane Gold series & Edelbrock heads, cam is Mopar performance 528, a STR 12 its a bit old school & power is down compared to a Air Gap or M1.
I've been told that Harlands fit Eddies as well.

Were in Oz are you?

Running an LA Timing cover with cam Extension/adapter so will work with the Mechanical Fuel pump.

Think I will contact some vendors, ones mentioned in this post and maybe hughes and get their thoughts.

Yes in OZ, Sunny Brisbane. Wouldnt want to be anywhere else this time of year.

Hi Folks

Here are the parts I have up to now.

Magnum 5.9L Block 30" over studded mains
Probe Forged Reverse Dome 17.5CC dish Pistons
MP 4.0" cast Crank
SIR Rods
Edelbrock RPM Magnum (out of the Box)
M1 Mopar Single Plain
Edelbrock HV Mechanical Fuel Pump
Holley 750 DP HP
Harland Sharp Rollers Standard magnum ratio

Will be going in a Duster with 727 and 8 3/4 3.91 gears

Need advice on Cam, Springs,lifters and Convertor. Have already contacted Comp for Hydraulic Roller and the suggested Custom Grind

.536 Intake 224 Duration
.544 Exhaust 230 Duration
110.0 Lobe seperation

Dont want anything to wild but a good streeter that I can take to track now and again. Would like it to run somewhere in the 11's though.
Also is there anything I myself can do to the heads before putting them on.

What do you think. Any advice greatly appreciated.

The eddy magnum heads need quite a bit of porting to get them into the 500HP range. Plus you'll need a cam around 242@ .050.
Just build one using a 285HL cam (241-247@ .050), 10.2:1, ported eddy magnum heads, 1.6 rockers, rpm airgap, 750 carb and TTI headers and it made 507HP @5600rpm and 531TQ @4200rpm.
That will go low 11's so high 11's I say a cam around 236@ .050 with a ported head or 250@ .050 with an unported head.
Brian

Brian

Thanks for your input

I looked at some of Hughes cams and they have this one.
HER2836ALN-10
Intake .544 - 228
Exhaust .568 - 236

I know it's not quite the duration you suggested but what do you think.

Also I wouldnt be confident in porting my own heads but do you think cleaning the cast marks out of the Intake and Exhaust runners on the eddys and port matching the intake would be a worthwhile task. Should I leave to an expert or could a novice do it succesfully. Dont want to F*#K anything up. Would it also be worthwhile getting a better valve job on these heads.

Running an LA Timing cover with cam Extension/adapter so will work with the Mechanical Fuel pump.

Think I will contact some vendors, ones mentioned in this post and maybe hughes and get their thoughts.

Yes in OZ, Sunny Brisbane. Wouldnt want to be anywhere else this time of year.

Tell me about it, been transfered for a short period for Brissy to ACT, now freezing my but off.

-
Back