My 416 setup with questions?

-
I had issues hooking up as well! Car would kick completely side ways when I would jump on it and smoke the tires! I bought the CalTrac Bars from Calvert Racing and could not believe the huge difference to the car hooking up off the line! Best $380 I spent for the rear suspension. Stays straight at launches and minimal tire spin!

If the heads aren't really ported I'd stick with a cam below 250 duration. I went down to a hyd roller and picked up power. I'm basically the same as you, 11.5 compression, RPM intake, but with ported eddies and big valves and a cam that's 236/243. Motor made 505/526 easy

well looks like im having trans problems in second so i need to correct that seems to be holding me back when i hit second. ill be looking at that this weekend. as well as getting the exhaust done. then i will absolutely be looking at the cal trac set up.

i had the heads ported and ordered the cam from mike @MRL we will see how this does once everything is right. i already have it in my head that i need to switch to a full roller set up. and after looking at some of the power mike is making with his setups has me very interested.

-
Back