My 65 cuda in a burnout competition

-

65goldcuda

@65_Cuda w/408/727/Dana 60
Reaction score
I recently attended a 300 car drive-in meet at a place called Quaker steak and lube here in league city Texas.. Over the last several months at this event I have watched a lot of imports and brand-new mustangs, challengers Corvettes etc. do their best interpretation of a burnout ( and a few of them failed miserably ) on this particular night I decided to give these guys a little taste of what an old-school musclecar looks and sounds like doing a real burnout! ( at least what I consider to be a real burnout) there was a huge pile of rubber left in the parking lot and a significant reduction in my tread life but it was a lot of fun!

[ame]https://www.facebook.com/samatthewclark/posts/10205995354986951[/ame]

This one was taken by different guy The lighting was a little better

[ame]https://youtu.be/XYN2cujrrAw[/ame]

Saaaaaaawwwweeeeeetttttttt!!!!!!

Your dad would have loved to have been in the passenger seat!

THanks, that is really nice of you to say... I bet he would! Thanks for your enthusiastic reply! I wasn't trying to brag or anything...it's just that only MOPAR people and ABODY people really understand how much time and effort and $$$ it takes to get these cars back on the road again. I probably have $45,000 invested in a car that is only worth $25,000, and sometimes i think ...I could have gone and bought a brand new Challenger SRT SCAT PACK for that..but where would the fun in that be? It's funny, whenever I pull in a car show parking lot I hear people asking each other.. "What is that? Man that sounds good" and they come up to me and ask me what kind of a car it is...even with all the emblem badging and a personalized plate that says "65 CUDA" they still don't have a clue (at least most people dont). I am sure you hear the same comments about your 66 Cuda all the time! (very nice car by the way) That is one of the reasons I am so glad I have this car...very unique and one off. Brings history back to life!

Again, thanks for your comment and your thoughts about my dad...

I know you weren't bragging...MOPAR guys aren't usually like that. I also know it was awesome showing them what an old MOPAR can do!!!!!

You have done a tremendous job building your 65! I built my car in memory of my mom and dad and it doesn't feel like work when there's motivation behind it. They bought a brand new 66 Barracuda and it was the first car I remember. I was probably 4 years old. I remember playing in the back going between the trunk and back of the car. Dad traded it in on his next car, a Scamp I believe, and it's long gone so I had to find one.

I have a long way to go to get it where I want it but it's slowly coming along. Thanks for your comment.

MOPAR to ya!!

THanks, that is really nice of you to say... I bet he would! Thanks for your enthusiastic reply! I wasn't trying to brag or anything...it's just that only MOPAR people and ABODY people really understand how much time and effort and $$$ it takes to get these cars back on the road again. I probably have $45,000 invested in a car that is only worth $25,000, and sometimes i think ...I could have gone and bought a brand new Challenger SRT SCAT PACK for that..but where would the fun in that be? It's funny, whenever I pull in a car show parking lot I hear people asking each other.. "What is that? Man that sounds good" and they come up to me and ask me what kind of a car it is...even with all the emblem badging and a personalized plate that says "65 CUDA" they still don't have a clue (at least most people dont). I am sure you hear the same comments about your 66 Cuda all the time! (very nice car by the way) That is one of the reasons I am so glad I have this car...very unique and one off. Brings history back to life!

Again, thanks for your comment and your thoughts about my dad...

What rear axle do you have in there?
It is a Spicer Dana 60 sure grip with 3.55 gears (pretty low geared with my 3 speed 727). To give you an idea, I am turning 3000 RPM at 65MPH, 4000 at 85MPH, and 5000 at a 105MPH and almost 6000 at 120mph. So it is perfect for the quarter mile or jumping on it from 20-80mph if someone rolls up alongside of you and wants to "get up the speed limit quickly" :)

Well dun :cheers: super sounding early A and you did a perfect one :color: not to much but yet filled my plate :glasses7:

Man that's nice...:burnout:
What size were those tire's anyway? :cheers:

Man that's nice...:burnout:
What size were those tire's anyway? :cheers:

They are 225/70/14 in the rear, 205 70 14 in the front.

I am not kidding when I say I think I roasted about 10,000 miles worth of tread life off those tires in this one burnout. (It hurt them pretty bad). So I either need to knock those off for a while or just "finish them off" and get some new ones....maybe I should just budget for one new set of rear tires a year?

-
Back