my 66 barracuda

-

paulieocean

Reaction score
Thought I would post some more pics of my 1966 barracuda. Car was past on to me by my parents who were the orginal owners...

2011-11-26_08-12-28_81.jpg

2011-11-26_08-12-43_967.jpg

2011-11-26_08-12-58_112.jpg

2011-11-26_08-13-11_655.jpg

2011-11-26_08-13-22_710.jpg

2011-11-26_08-13-36_366.jpg

Thanks for the new pics, it is remarkable to see a car that's been so lovingly cared for it's whole life. I hope you will tell us more.

Thanks very much. A lot of the credit goes to my dad who really kept the car up. I plan to do the same.

My mom purchased the car new in 1966 in Portland OR. At the time it was a 2 brl carb v8 with 13 inch wheels. Car has been repainted, but with the same shade as new. A year later they moved to CA where its been until this year. My dad kept the original Oregon plates from 1967. I plan to see if I can still use them now.

My dad did do some upgrades, namely dual exhaust, a bit of a lopey cam, holley 650 4 brl carb, and msd ignition. He is still running the original 273, but it has been rebuilt. He changed over to hydraulic lifters at that time. He also went to 14inch wheels/tires, but kept the stock hubcaps.

I've gotten a new cancel cam from another member here and plan to just keep it the way it is, maybe little upgrades here or there, but nothing to take away from its stock appearance. My dad invested too much time and effort to change it from the way it is.

You have quite a nice car yourself. What's the history behind your car?

That is a beauty and you can tell it is well loved. Thank you for sharing.

Very nice

look forward to seeing it in person someday

I'm green with envy!!!! Hope my green Barracuda looks that good when its done. It will be totally stock as from the factory - 273 2bbl - 4 speed GG-1 green w/black interior. My black one will be a resto-mod - bored and cammed 318 w/360 heads and headers - 904 trans and red and black interior. Great looking fish you have there - a friend of mine had one the same colors inside and out!

Awesome car, nice to see them still original!! Here is my dad's 66 Barracuda

Picture4455.jpg

Picture4461.jpg

Picture4453.jpg

That is quite a nice barracuda you have there. Looks to be very well taken care of!

My plan is to keep the car the way it is now with minor updates as needed. Thanks for all the nice comments! :glasses7:

WOW! That is a great looking '66 Barracuda!
I love cars that stay in one family and yours look like it was well cared for.

very nice reminds me of the one I had ! Now I am doing it with a 65 Formula S but not original like yours. Keep it nice and enjoy the ride!

sweet, mine is the same color inside and out, the only difference is mine was a 3 spd man, \6, no console or inside mirror mover-about, and vinyl top. so quite a bit different. It has dual exhaust and a V8 now though. :D

-
Back