My '67 Barracuda

-

kwr61259

Reaction score
My name is Kenny I have a 1967 notch back barracuda. The original 273 engine has been replaced with a 1968 340 engine. The engine mods include: bored 0.030 over with Speed Pro pistons, balanced, 3/8 in. rod bolds, comp cams cam part number K-20-225-4 grind number XE284H, ported and polished ports 2.02 X-heads, cast iron square bore intake matched to intake ports, Holley 650 DP.
The original 904 transmission has been replaced with a 727 transmission. Mods include: bolt in rear sprag, four gear front and rear carriers, big block front drum and intermediate band, valve body plate has been drilled for more fluid flow, appropriate balls removed, 1-2 shift plug replaced with a manual override and the accumulator spring replaced with a rod. I have a Summit Racing 3000 stall converter.
The rear axle has been upgraded to an 8 3/4 unit. The current hogs head has a 2.73:1 single traction unit to be replaced by 3.23:1 posi-trac unit. Later I intend to use a 4.30:1 gear set. Super Stock leaf springs have replaced the sagging stock springs.
The car has been painted with Summit Racing Blue Sky Metallic 2-stage paint. Headliner and carpet were obtained from Stock Interiors.com. The rear seat was reupholstered by After 5 Upholstery, Newport News, VA (757-725-4329).
Remaining work required for drivability include: obtain and install bucket seats and tracks, install windshield and rear glass, install doors, bumpers, and get turn signals working.

-
Back