My 71 340 Duster resto

-
Wow, your Duster looks awesome:thumblef:
I haven't painted in quite a while but I'm gonna practice on my Z71 next month.......At least it's white....lol

Congrats to you 71demon!!!!!! your duster is looking great! Keep up the work and you might just make that Christmas deadline. Matt

Thanks for the boost! I love to see progress in other projects.Mine moves so slowly..

That's really looking good. Don't you just hate it when you panel paint and then put the panels on and they don't match 100%? I only do that with non-metalic colors now, and then still paint them all at the same time. It's brutal when you have to do it all a second time. :) Keep up the excellent work.

Yea it really sucks. I can write a whole book on that experience now. I have done some in the past and never had this problem.

Finally got the brakes and the fenders back on and installed the new tires/wheels. Getting ready for the hood install and the blackout paint scheme next.

Wilwood 001.jpg

Duster with new wheels 006.jpg

Duster with new wheels 010.jpg

Been a while since I posted but I had to back up and start over. Pushed her out in the daylight about a week ago and my panel paint job had shade differences. UGH.... So I took it down and shot more color and clear on the entire car and am now back in the wet sanding stage to buff her out again.

I had a feeling when I saw the post with the doors on. It looked like that...I was thinking "hmm...it looks different shade wise" but then I saw you repainted the whole car. Looks awesome dude...definitley giving me inspiration!

I had a feeling when I saw the post with the doors on. It looked like that...I was thinking "hmm...it looks different shade wise" but then I saw you repainted the whole car. Looks awesome dude...definitley giving me inspiration!

Yep I saw the shade difference in the pictures to but tried to deny it but once it was in the sun it was just way to different to tolerate. I thought if I put it together now I'll never take it back apart to repaint it right so......I got out the

the sandpapaer and just did it. Looking at the bright side it did give me another chance to block her smooth again. She should almost be a square block as much as I sanded on her.

Nice job!
I LOVE the wheels. What are they and how expensive are they?
Keep up the great work!!!

George

Very nice. I love those wheels. I want to get a set someday. Your car is coming along great.

LOOKS GREAT. I painted a 70 charger the same color once. it was kind of a pain in the arse. be proud of yourself though, cause i know a lot of guys who would call that good cause they were too lazy to make it right. i seen a show on tv where they built an old rustang for sammy haagar, it was red, and every panel on the car was a different shade of red when they put it together. i m curious about the quarters from AMD. were you happy with them? i might need a set for my new demon project.

LOOKS GREAT. I painted a 70 charger the same color once. it was kind of a pain in the arse. be proud of yourself though, cause i know a lot of guys who would call that good cause they were too lazy to make it right. i seen a show on tv where they built an old rustang for sammy haagar, it was red, and every panel on the car was a different shade of red when they put it together. i m curious about the quarters from AMD. were you happy with them? i might need a set for my new demon project.

I'm glad I did redo it. I would have never been happy with it that way but it usre was hard to put the sandpapaer back to it. I wasn't happy at all with the fit. In fact I have another post with pics of the misalignment on the top of the doors, the b pillar nad the rocker. Took a lot of cutting, welding and fitting hours to make it right. AMD gave me half my money back on the panel. I thought that was really decent of them. They full qtrs are still a relatively new product and they are still tweeking them for fit in thier R&D section.

Oh, by the way guys the wheels are American Racing Salt Flats. Thanks for the compliments.

I'm trying to get the blackout hood shot by early next week weather permitting. I'll post some more pics after that is done.

Gave her some sun today before the snow hits tomorrow

10 Dec Duster re005.jpg

10 Dec Duster re008.jpg

Awesome job. I'm working on a '71 the same color. Where did you source the front brake setup?

-
Back