my 71 duster

-

71dustar

Reaction score
brought my car up to my friends garage to get repainted in the areas where i burned through since it was my first time color sanding and then buffed out. this weekend i got the front suspension all done and attached (even though not in pics) and we are in progress of doing the rear. Since i don't know how to weld nor do i have a welder or plasma cutter, my friend is moving my springs for me.

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

dude there are post cars in the background. yer car looks great, i wanna see the post's too. you guys obviously have good taste in cars.

thats my friends garage (SS/AFX). the orange car next to me i believe is a dart, the primer car in back i believe is a dart also but the wheels wells were moved forward 10" for alter wheelbase, then there is another alter wheel base car that is the owners.

Here are some pictures of my car with the new wheels and tires.

duster.jpg

web.jpg

Very nice paint work. I also like the looks of the cragars on it. Nice car.

thats my friends garage (SS/AFX). the orange car next to me i believe is a dart, the primer car in back i believe is a dart also but the wheels wells were moved forward 10" for alter wheelbase, then there is another alter wheel base car that is the owners.

Here are some pictures of my car with the new wheels and tires.

Looks cool! It's the 'day 2' look, or the idea that back in 1970 someone would have taken a new car like your Duster, drove it off the lot and put Cragars on it. Beyond the obvious, what are the actual specs on your wheel and tire combo? Your front tires look period correct.

That shop does some great work. Here's a link to that Dart in the background on the shop's webpage. Looks like some pretty serious surgery.

http://www.ssandafx.com/project.html

ya Greg Fernald does wonderful work (he did the paint while i did the body work). the fronts are bfg silvertown 6.40x15 on 15x4.5 and the rears are M/T sportmans 29x12.5x15 on 15x10

ya Greg Fernald does wonderful work (he did the paint while i did the body work). the fronts are bfg silvertown 6.40x15 on 15x4.5 and the rears are M/T sportmans 29x12.5x15 on 15x10

Cool thanks for the specs, good choices. Looks like a Duster should. Cragars are just right on some cars. I have a set of Cragar front runners myself with super tall Stahl tires, like 7.50x15.

Fernald did an orange Hemi Dart that was in Mopar Action back in like '97 or so.The article said it ran 11's but still had A/C. I always thought he got the car exactly right, especially the rear wheel wells. Stuck in my mind ever since.

well after a few months of working on the dash here and there i finally got it in the car.

Also was able to fab up my new door handles which incorporate the aar stripe as the arm rest too. the picture is of the tip of the strip.

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2963.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2959.jpg

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

I got the aar stripe from challenger gary and it turn out to be more amazing than i thought. i got some zoophead lights and all the switches and lighting wired completely. i just ordered a new dash pad from BE&A restorations and mike assured me that the dash pad looks crazy good in person. if i get more time on my hands, ill start tearing my 360 down and see where i'm at so i can start building my 408

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_2980.jpg

Very nice work!

The stripe looks great! Looks familiar for some reason.

I have not seen this thread or I would have posted by now! LOL

been waiting for my new amp and speakers. got everything from woofersetc.com which was up to 1/2 the price compared to crutchfield and others. I got a 400watt alpine amp and 60.9 Infinity kappa component speakers ( two tweeters and two 6 1/2"). Since i'm not using the heater/ac in my car i used the vents in the dash to mount my tweeters. the tweeters had up to 4 different way to mount them so i chose the swivel type to aim the speakers towards me.

I covered my package tray and trunk divider with suede since my door panels and dash are suede. in the last picture, those are the crossovers that came with speakers.

IMG_3044.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

Hate to be a party pooper here because I dig the car but... serious stereo and a roll bar? Seems kind of incongruous and almost mutually exclusive. I suppose it might be fun to be blasting tunes while wheeling the Duster down the 1/4 mile... if that's your idea.

I'm a radio-delete guy myself.

got my rear speakers in and hooked up. just have to charge the battery to see how the sound. i also got the relocate battery mounted and wired. i just hope where i put my cut off switch handle works with my bumpers once they get back from rechrome.

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

so far there are no subs. i only have the two tweeters in dash and the 6 1/2" speakers in rear. if i do plan on putting any subs in the car they'll be alpine 10" subs to give more punch to the sound (not like you see in escalades or other cars that only rock rap to where all you hear is bass and no lyrics)

-
Back