My 71 Swinger Build

-
It simply pops.. regardless of the light source or amount of light.. inside, outside, sunshine or garage lights.. its simply badass!! again, great choice for that car

Really nice job!

Looking good man

Just awesome...very good paint combination, beautiful car. Great job!

sharp ride ;dart's and scamp's rule

Thanks guys. Super scamp that's a piece of art you have built there. I have a few items on the to do list within the next two months before mopars at the strip. Finish the exhaust system. Currently its 3" headers to x pipe then hooker aero chambers and nothing after that. So tail pipes are in order. Next will be removal of the original fuel tank and installation of an aeromotive 20 gallon fuel cell with internally baffled fuel pump. Then onto subframe connectors and six point cage. That should about do it for this round. I took the car to the drag strip last week and pulled off the best et's to date. Slowest pass was an 11.90 at 114 and fastest was an 11.85 at 115. I have a plate system on the motor and I figure with a 100 shot the car should go eleven flat or around there, and without a cage I will get kicked off real quick lol. I will keep this thread updated as things progress.

looks awesome. i like the hood and what you did with the tail lights in the bumper.

Thanks guys. Super scamp that's a piece of art you have built there. I have a few items on the to do list within the next two months before mopars at the strip. Finish the exhaust system. Currently its 3" headers to x pipe then hooker aero chambers and nothing after that. So tail pipes are in order. Next will be removal of the original fuel tank and installation of an aeromotive 20 gallon fuel cell with internally baffled fuel pump. Then onto subframe connectors and six point cage. That should about do it for this round. I took the car to the drag strip last week and pulled off the best et's to date. Slowest pass was an 11.90 at 114 and fastest was an 11.85 at 115. I have a plate system on the motor and I figure with a 100 shot the car should go eleven flat or around there, and without a cage I will get kicked off real quick lol. I will keep this thread updated as things progress.

THANK'S can't what to see your hood.here's mine

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 321
  • 007.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 016.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 312
THANK'S can't what to see your hood.here's mine
Here is a pic of the hood, 09 Challenger skin on the original 71 hood.
What did it take to make the Jeep column work/fit in it??

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet daaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrtttttt!!
Not much really. The column bolts right in to the factory studs, just had to make the plate that goes around the base of the column at the firewall. Then to hook it up to the steering box I used a double d shaft that slid right into the column and used a u-joint to connect it to the gearbox. I think the hardest part was wiring up the turn signals lol.

Attachments

• Swinger_at_PHX_in_Fall_show_2010_016.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 265
Here is a pic of the hood, 09 Challenger skin on the original 71 hood.

Not much really. The column bolts right in to the factory studs, just had to make the plate that goes around the base of the column at the firewall. Then to hook it up to the steering box I used a double d shaft that slid right into the column and used a u-joint to connect it to the gearbox. I think the hardest part was wiring up the turn signals lol.

That is one bada** hood do the washer sprayer work.

-
Back