My barn find what would you pay???

-
It looks like a 318 2barrel in there.
340's never had anything less than a 4 barrel.
I would say about 2 grand if it has a good title.

You sure its a 340?? Im no expert by any means but shouldnt it be 4bbl?? Did you check the block #'s? Maybe an intake swap was done?

I ran the vin and it said 340 1 blr on muscle cars.com 73 low hp motor...how can i tell if its a 340??

Someone over there posted "that's a low horse 340" HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That isn't a 340, they did not produce any 340's with a 2 barrel carbs, nor would they put a 7 " rear-end behind them.

I would check the numbers carefully on the block and the VIN before making an offer on this.

I suspect that this car has been re-badged at some point in its life.

Ok ill look this weekend car 100 miles fro me now just seen it today and im a newbe to mopars...

That carb is a Carter BBD. It's a two barrel. A lot of people think it's a single barrel because the opening is round.

It could be a 340 car that someone swapped stuff into. I know of a 70 340 Duster that someone swapped an entire slant six drive train into. 7.25" rear and all.

You sure its a 340?? Im no expert by any means but shouldnt it be 4bbl?? Did you check the block #'s? Maybe an intake swap was done?

x2 the intake is an 318 for sure b/c it has the small 2bbl, what did you use to find out that it was a 340 1bbl

The carb is a carter BBD 2 bbl. Typically used on all 318's. Just below the driver cylinder head is a series of numbers, like PM 318......which means it a 318, or PM 340....a 340, clean the block surface and let the numbers speak for them selves!
The car pictured is a true 340 car as well, but the drive train was long gone when I got the car. It had a 400 four speed...which did not last long! Now a 440 is in the car. Best ET to date is a 10.23 @ 132.

Attachments

• Dart Sport winning another HS nats 2008.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 559
Model Year: 1973
Model: Dart Swinger
Body Style: 2dr Sports Hardtop(Fastback)
Price Style: Medium
Engine: 340 1-4BBL 8 Cylinder
Assembly Plant: Hamtrack, Michigan
Consecutive Unit Number: 314511
HERES WHAT I CAME UP WITH ON DECODER....

Model Year: 1973
Model: Dart Swinger
Body Style: 2dr Sports Hardtop(Fastback)
Price Style: Medium
Engine: 340 1-4BBL 8 Cylinder
Assembly Plant: Hamtrack, Michigan
Consecutive Unit Number: 314511
HERES WHAT I CAME UP WITH ON DECODER....

sounds like a single 4 bbl to me.

that motor sure looks like a 318 to me.

when you get a chance get the data plate number and somebody/i can decode for you. if you can get under the car look just under each head and you can find out the year and the cid just cant remember which side is which

-
Back