My burnout

-

bamamopar

Reaction score
I have prolly a dumb question. I changed drag radials on my car and now when I do my burnout the cars back end jumps to the right. I see tons of cars doing it. I just wonder why? I didn't make anymore power with the upgrades I made with the new radials. I did cooling upgrades which looks like it helps a lot with the cooling.

IMAG0362_zpsa2f5f746.jpg
hahaha sorry I forgot lol

The cooler the car runs, the more it will jump to the right.
It has to run at least 200 degrees to go straight, and over that it will go left on the burnouts.

You know I'm kidding, right?

Swap the tires to opposite side see if it jumps left. Nice car I had one like it in high school except had a white painted roof. Wish I had it now.

I'd measure circumference on both tires...
Like someone mentioned, swap them and see if it changes.
The front drive van I just bought was pulling, had it aligned... still pulling, swapped tires and now pulling the other way... They're new Dunlops...

rotate the thermostat 15 degrees to the right and pull the left side of the seat belt tighter than the right. it has made such a difference in mine.

Most of the stock suspensions i recall always tended to move left on burnouts. I attributed it to the right side axle lifting under power.....the reason why open rear gears always burn the right tire.

Not sure what springs and shocks you're running, but to me it sounds like your right side is pretty stiff. Probably a good thing overall.....How does it launch and drive out of the hole, like thru 1st gear?

Most of the stock suspensions i recall always tended to move left on burnouts. I attributed it to the right side axle lifting under power.....the reason why open rear gears always burn the right tire.

Not sure what springs and shocks you're running, but to me it sounds like your right side is pretty stiff. Probably a good thing overall.....How does it launch and drive out of the hole, like thru 1st gear?

I have Ss springs and stock shocks. Im not sure how it will launch now. I'm going tomorrow to the track.

Well, the right SS spring is a little stiffer, so I think your "street" tests are confirming my thoughts. :icon_smi:

Cars do some weird things in the water, and even on dry burnouts. See how she feels leaving the line. You may be better off then you think?

Good luck tomorrow. :thumleft: Wish I was going to the track with you, instead of just hanging at the house. Stay safe & have Fun...

I'm no suspension guru by any means so take this with a grain of salt but I've always heard if a car pulls one direction it means that tire is biting harder. If it's a problem at the track (which it may not be as that's complete different surface than the street) you can try swapping tires around and see what that does.

-
Back