My compression test PSI. Your thoughts?

-

340Duster247

Reaction score
So I did the test on my recently purchased 71 340. Warmed up. Plugs out. Throttle open.
Here are the results. What are your thoughts?

Dry. Wet.
1. 120. 129.
2. 130. 140.
3. 112. 132.
4. 130. 145.
5. 110. 122.
6. 122. 145.
7. 110. 121.
8. 115. 128.

I'd say that before you start taking anything apart, do a leak down test on every cylinder. Make sure of what it is first. May be bad valves.

Jack

Thanks jack. That's my next test before diving in. But I'm sure with my luck ill need a rebuild

I'd say that before you start taking anything apart, do a leak down test on every cylinder. Make sure of what it is first. May be bad valves.

Jack
just what jack said but usually when oil raises comp the rings are toast or toasted

no problem order a master rebuild kit $660.00from summit thats with an upgrade to pistons ans adddind a new high volume iol pump new mains and rod bearings complete gasket set new frost plugs new valve seals double roller t- chain cam bearings
long as its appart check your crank for bearing size if you need to cut it or a good polish get a whole rebild for the price of labor or what you cant do doest look like no major bore but check it got a guy here that bores em 10 a hole and a case of beer mic that crank cut it if u need it cheap help him work 1 day cleaning floors or grease or clean machines good to go you dont need no 2k rebuild catch it all now your good to go

Well today I did a leak down test. Did #1 cylinder and leaking throught dipstick and crankcase so looks like ill be needing to pull the motor :(

-
Back