My Duster Adventures

-
If I remember correctly, I think I jammed a 2x4 front and back of the tires, measured that, then made it a little tighter yet so I’d for sure not get any movement.

That's what I am doing as well. Checked again just to be sure and I am getting 20.25" or so overall.

I don’t know why I didn’t include a picture of the car sitting on the cribs in that post, but here’s one. If I remember correctly, I think I jammed a 2x4 front and back of the tires, measured that, then made it a little tighter yet so I’d for sure not get any movement.

View attachment 1716157777
With today's lumber prices, you might need to go rob the trash pile at a new construction site!

With today's lumber prices, you might need to go rob the trash pile at a new construction site!

:rofl:

My current plan is 10.5" wide, 20" long and 12" high. I am adding an additional 20" board at the top (3 wide) so the tire has a full surface to rest on, and I am making it a 2 part assembly like @75slant6 did. Current projections show that I can get everything out of (14) 2x4x96 @ $4.52 each, locally. So like $70 for the wood. Not as good as it used to be, but better than the plastic ones at $200 a pair or more.

Just read this whole thread. Great build. I'm about to be starting back on mine soon. I'm assuming since there hasn't been any updates recently you've been pretty busy. Hopefully we will see more soon!

Just read this whole thread. Great build. I'm about to be starting back on mine soon. I'm assuming since there hasn't been any updates recently you've been pretty busy. Hopefully we will see more soon!
I appreciate you taking the time to read through it all! You are correct on the reason for no updates in a long time. For nearly the past year and a half I’ve been working evenings, weekends and any days off on my shop. I’ll hopefully be done with it in the next 2-3 months and finally be able to get back to working on my Duster again.

I appreciate you taking the time to read through it all! You are correct on the reason for no updates in a long time. For nearly the past year and a half I’ve been working evenings, weekends and any days off on my shop. I’ll hopefully be done with it in the next 2-3 months and finally be able to get back to working on my Duster again.
That makes sense. Having a place to do the work is very important.

-
Back