Status
Not open for further replies.

dusterdood

The Duster Guy
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm going to try this again, and add the '71 in the line up this time.
1st one I've got:
1976 Duster from CA. Fresh +.030" 413 with '906 heads. 284/.484" cam. Torker II and a double pumper. Fresh 727 with a 3000 stall from Hughes. Tri-Ys with ceramic coating ($669). 8 3/4 with 3.91s (small bolt still), and big bolt manual front disc brakes. Extremely rust free car. Just needs the pipes bent to finish. $5500
2nd one I've got:
1971 Duster from NC. Very solid, and the only real rust was in the toe boards. I've replaced both sides already. Has a motor plated +.030" 440 with bowl ported '906s (2.14/1.81). 292/.509 cam. Team G intake with 8082 Dominater 1050. Double cross plate. 3500 TCI convertor. Manual valve body. Aluminum Radiator and trans cooler. Frame tied, and eight point cage. One race bucket. 8 gallon fuel cell with one fitting that's 10 AN, and one that's 8 AN. Barry Grant 280 pump with 10 AN line up to engine, and Holley black pump up to the nitrous side (8 AN). Super stocks (aluminum front eye bushings) moved into the frame, but never cut the wheel housings. 8 3/4 with 4.56s and sure grip. Center lines, and small bolt Rallyes that the rear were made into 15 x 8" and have 28 x 10.5" M/T ET Drags on them. With no NOS, ran 11:80s at 114. 1.5 60' times. $5500
These are both great cars, and up here in the rust belt I really thought I wouldn't have a hard time selling, but if I can't sell one, I'll offer the other one. It's way more of a drag car, but maybe someone is looking.
Mike

Pics of the '76 are in the thread I started a while back, but here are a few of the '71.
Mike
[email protected]

'71 duster 002.jpg

'71 duster 006.jpg

'71 duster 018.jpg

I'd take $4500 for it with the headers, and motorplate, but rolling. I'll include two sets of small bolt circle rims. You've seen it, what do you think?

What do you think it would require to make it a street car again?I see the wipers are gone,anything else missing?

I blocked off the heater core, but you wouldn't need that in the warmer weather. I've got the wiper motor somewhere, and the arms, and linkage. You could put them back on. I haven't taken the glass out for lexan, so that works for you. Also, it's got leaf springs, so it should be a good street car. I had my chassis guy make the bar that goes behind the seat to brace the race bucket leave enough room for you to re install the rear seat. I've got a hound tooth rear seat up on the loft in the garage. I've also got another race bucket for the passenger side. I planned on selling the blue one, and putting this one back on the street myself, but no one seems to be able to get over the post '73 style grill.

The set of Rallyes I've got are steel rims with the front tires being almost new. They'd make good street tires.

I wish you luck selling anything right now. I tried selling my car for the past 3 months with no sale and it was posted on a lot of sites.

The market is soft, that's why I'm trying the '71. Challengermike has seen the dusters, so he knows how solid they are.
By the way, did you want to come back to see the '71 this weekend mike?

I will let you know.I sold my car and i am waiting untill the person comes to pick it up before buying another car.

if you can put up with the nonpayers and scammers try ebay

Damn it Mike, you just had to put that 71 up for sale when I dont have the scratch to come get it! I would buy that puppy in a hot minute if I had the cash. Good luck with your sale! 8)

know the feeling, have 2 beautiful mopars priced cheap and they are not selling

I have a 74 duster to die for with a tired slant 6 ,no rust show quality car with a lil work and a 71 dart with 650 hp thats only been run 21 times down the strip, best being a 9,89 at 141 all it needs to be streetable is an aluminum radiator and deep trans pan,10k asking price the duster ill take 3500 for and maybe throw in a few extra goodies with it .both are flat out beautiful cars , if anyones interested call me at 772-807-9009 or emailme at mopar 1962@ comcast.net for pix as I dont know how to post them here, my wife does it for me, haha I admit im pc illiterate lol ps im in s fla

jeez, someone email me im selling only 1 .the duster also has fresh paint with a 440 stripe kit installed and a 440 logo on rear fender.have an ad going into the newspaper tomorrow and im sure the duster will go fast as it truly is the nicest ive ever seen. email me and ill show ya.

Thanks for the compliments, and you're right my timing does seem to suck sometimes.
Mopar1962, you know you should really start your own thread. The only people who will see that you're selling is anyone who's looking at my ad here. Post a new ad, and put your location in the tag line. People who aren't near enough to come see your car never end up buying. Seems to be my experience at least.

This is now easily available as a Roller, as I started taking the 440/727 out already. New pricing is;
$5500 complete with many extras, $4500 Rolling, $4000 without the centersection (I'll include a 2.76 geared '742), $3600 without the center, the small bolt rear axles/brakes, and the BG pump going up the drivers' side. This is the way it was going to be sold. Etra pictures are available, but I get so many requests from people who have absolutely no interest in actually showing up, so lets be serious about the fact that I'm up here in Western NY people.
Thanks FABO!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to try this again, and add the '71 in the line up this time.
1st one I've got:
1976 Duster from CA. Fresh +.030" 413 with '906 heads. 284/.484" cam. Torker II and a double pumper. Fresh 727 with a 3000 stall from Hughes. Tri-Ys with ceramic coating ($669). 8 3/4 with 3.91s (small bolt still), and big bolt manual front disc brakes. Extremely rust free car. Just needs the pipes bent to finish. $5500
These are both great cars, and up here in the rust belt I really thought I wouldn't have a hard time selling, but if I can't sell one, I'll offer the other one. It's way more of a drag car, but maybe someone is looking.
Mike

Hi Mike,

Have you got pics of the '76 you could email me? My email is: [email protected]

Regards,

Andrew

I'm going to bump the other thread of the '76 to the top. It's got quite a few pics in it, and you let me know if you'd like more. I've got about twenty on my computer.
Welcome to the site Andrew.

I'm going to bump the other thread of the '76 to the top. It's got quite a few pics in it, and you let me know if you'd like more. I've got about twenty on my computer.
Welcome to the site Andrew.

Thanks Mike... Greetings from the land Downunder... Good to be here and cant believe I didnt see this website before.. I need to catch up! LOL!

One guy in Amherst backed out of the deal on the '71, and the other guy from Australia backed out of the deal on the '76. Both are still on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back