My Favorite Films and scenes

-

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
I don't know what is possessing me to do this but I wanted to tell you my favorite films. They are in no particular order. And there are so many more. These just popped into my mind.

SciFi: Blade Runner(Directors Cut)/Terminator/Alien(1st two)/Solaris/Moon
Horror: The Shining/The Omen(original)
War: Saving Private Ryan/Apocalypse Now(Redux/Directors Cut)/Hurt Locker
Adventure:The Bourne Series/The Professional
Western: Unforgiven/The Outlaw Josey Wales/The Proposition/Once Upon a time in the West/Jeremiah Johnson
Car: Vanishing Point(original)/Two Lane Blacktop
Chase Scene:Bullit/Ronin/

You like chase scene movies? Watch McQ with John Wayne.

Unforgiven is a great movie! My favorite line is when William Munny says "it's a hell of a thing killing a man, take away everything he's got, or ever gonna have"

Also when little Bill says "you just shot an unarmed man!"

Williams reply is "well, he sould have armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend"

Such a great movie, now I want to watch it :happy1:

Most Clint Eastwood movies are good, especially the westerns, newer favorite is Gran Torino.

Unforgiven is a great movie! My favorite line is when William Munny says "it's a hell of a thing killing a man, take away everything he's got, or ever gonna have"

Also when little Bill says "you just shot an unarmed man!"

Williams reply is "well, he sould have armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend"

Such a great movie, now I want to watch it :happy1:

Most Clint Eastwood movies are good, especially the westerns, newer favorite is Gran Torino.

I agree with everything you said.

Geez... Can't decide on a "favorite" in any of those categories.

I like and enjoy many of those already mentioned.

There are a number of earlier movies I really enjoy, too. "The Thing" (the original black and white version only from 1951, only) more of a suspense Drama than a computer generated gore fest.

Don't forget "He was just a little to high strung"
and "You're a daisy of you do"

They call me nobody was pretty good too, the first time I saw it.

"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting. " -Michael Delaney (Steve McQueen) in Le Mans

I don't know what is possessing me to do this but I wanted to tell you my favorite films. They are in no particular order. And there are so many more. These just popped into my mind.

SciFi: Blade Runner(Directors Cut)/Terminator/Alien(1st two)/Solaris/Moon
Horror: The Shining/The Omen(original)
War: Saving Private Ryan/Apocalypse Now(Redux/Directors Cut)/Hurt Locker
Adventure:The Bourne Series/The Professional
Western: Unforgiven/The Outlaw Josey Wales/The Proposition/Once Upon a time in the West/Jeremiah Johnson
Car: Vanishing Point(original)/Two Lane Blacktop
Chase Scene:Bullit/Ronin/

I agree with all your choices. All excellent movies. I just can't believe someone else actually saw "The Proposition". I love that movie.

New war movie, Fury. with Brad Pitt. The tank battle scenes are intense and awesome. 2nd fav- Saving Private Ryan.

John Wayne's Big Jake is incredibly hard to beat.

I have to wonder if very many of the younger generation would even watch a w estern?????
That is so true. I'll also add The Wild Bunch, Lawman, and Chato's Land. The Proposition is probably the most raw and brutal Western film out of all of them.

I did leave out apocalyptic films. Mad Max and Road Warrior comes to mind. And I loved the humor in Zombieland. "Either nut up or shut up!"

I'm a huge fan of Philip K Dick.

He brought us:

Blade Runner
Total Recall
Screamers
Minority report
Paycheck
A Scanner Darkly
The Adjustment Bureau

Those films (along with about 150 other written works) really exercise the brain.

Arnold has some classics.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8JFVSNxkEI"]Arnold Schwarzenegger: Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last? I lied. - YouTube[/ame]

A favorite clip from one of my favorite movies :prayer: :happy1:

[ame]http://youtu.be/z2OoxzYqgNY[/ame]

-
Back