-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
My dad just bought me this:

Browning X-Bolt Varmint Special Stainless

picked up a set of weaver rings and a vortex diamondback 4-16x42 scope for it

even picked up a shirt to match the rifle and the dog! :D

nice ! Browning are great guns, I have 2 in 308, a BLR and an old mauser bolt action.
they are a small portion of my collection. but always my choice for deer hunting.
enjoy your new gun and get ya some varmints !

Nice!! I always wanted an A bolt medalion myself! But I have a feeling if i had the $1k+ that I'd need to buy the one I'd want it'd pry got toward cars.... LOL

Nice!! I always wanted an A bolt medalion myself! But I have a feeling if i had the $1k+ that I'd need to buy the one I'd want it'd pry got toward cars.... LOL

Brand new these rifles are about $1200 in Canada. One came up for sale, brand new, never fired, for $700 and my dad pounced on it. The scope and rings set me back $650. Haven't gotten to go sight it in yet. Hopefully tomorrow if the weather holds.

Very nice Drache...congratulations on a great rifle sir ... again Very nice indeed.

Thx added Sir !!!

However, (cough cough) I will send You the bill ... :D...
My therapist says I am delusional--- (some clap trap about My wallet kicking My arse).

The X-Bolt Varmint Special Stainless pushes the concept of function driven design with extreme style. The specially designed wood Laminate stock is crafted by Altamont Paladin, a renowned designer and manufacturer of firearms stocks and grips.

The ergonomic features of the grip angle, thumb hole stock and cheek rest, are purposed to promote a proper grip that won't shift when firing, and allow excellent alignment with your optic. The vented free float fore arm promotes uniform barrel cooling for minimal Point of Impact shift as more rounds are fired in quick succession.

Each stock is hand finished, fitted and bedded to each action individually. The resin impregnated wood Laminate is sealed to make it impervious to moisture and temperature affects that can cause warping effects that change Point of Impact and barrel harmonics.

Very nice!

Nice....We have a Browning A-Bolt, 338 WinMag. Never cleaned the factory grease out of it yet, may never at this point. Don't have a scope for it yet but I think I have a set of rings.

Just a silly question, but your saying it's a "varmint special" ? Just what kind of varmints need a .308 to kill them???? U must have some odd critters up there!!!!! :D

Just a silly question, but your saying it's a "varmint special" ? Just what kind of varmints need a .308 to kill them???? U must have some odd critters up there!!!!! :D

Deer. At the ranch deer are varmints! Imagine herds of 200+ deer eating on your fields... :banghead:

Kidding aside it's the name of the rifle :D

Nice lookin gat that one......all I can afford is my 1918 Lee Enfield .303, all original wood, matching numbers.....worth nearly as much as a new rifle these days....got for 90 bucks a bit over 20 years ago.

-
Back