My first mopar restoration! 70 Duster

-
Wow your Duster is looking good so far! It's nice seeing the rusty ones being saved. You going back to the lemon twist?

Definatly not going with the yellow! I'm leaning towards charcoal gray, or possibly a mid night blue....

The bellhousing showed up today!

20130320_082159_zps1588099d.jpg

I started the final fitting before welding on the quarter....

20130321_111614_zpsacf0e264.jpg

20130321_112057_zps82a5bd5f.jpg

After tack welding a couple spots on the quarter and fitted and welded in the tail panel.

20130321_140524_zpsbe5027a3.jpg

20130321_140459_zps093d2db3.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about . Looks killer . Glad to see your taking the extra time to do it rite . You will be glad you did in the end .

Went yesterday and picked up a 8 3/4 b-body sure grip rear end with 391 gears. I forgot to get a pic but it is in really good shape and very clean, It is complete minus drums and got it for $600...

Finaly got the tunnel hump welded in...

Also picked up a new set of door hinges...

and got the rear end blasted and painted.

I received some goodies in the mail today!
First box of goodies came from Firm Feel Inc. The first half of the stage 3 suspension kit....

The Second box is from www.engine-swaps.com
A set schumacher tri-Y headers....

Finally got around to posting more of my progress..

I got the front suspension mocked up before taring it back off to undercoat the frame rail...

I got the heads back from the machine shop with new stainless valves and comp cam springs.. sorry bad pic...

also got the block painted and the roller rockers assembled and fitted... Push rods are on order and should be here this week....

Time for an update. The body is painted!!!:D And the doors, hood, and truck deck are very close to being ready for paint... The color is charcoal gray metallic...

Awesome build!
I love the color too.
Can't wait to see more progress........

-
Back